Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

dreams in English

Angelina_

Russian Federation

Hi:)My English teacher has told to me once: " you will know English in perfection only then when your dreams will in English. " How do you think it's true or not?:)How about you?Have you ever had your dreams in English?:)Thank you!

02:27 PM Sep 18 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gjj1001

gjj1001

China

definitely, yes

04:10 PM Sep 18 2008 |

Turnedo

Turnedo

Spain

Well, when I studied English, I don't remember who now but someone recommended me that I should think in English instead of my native language while speaking English… So I think your teacher is right.

04:23 PM Sep 18 2008 |

Starshade

Costa Rica

I do have dreams in english sometimes especiall when I'm watching english movies before going to sleep… but I definitely don't know it in perfection=) Actually If I want to have a dream in english most likely I will have one… I think it's a sign that your studies are going well… nothing more.

Well,
when I studied English, I don't remember who now but someone
recommended me that I should think in English instead of my native
language while speaking English… So I think your teacher is right.

Turnedo is it possible to speack one language while thinking in another???

05:58 PM Sep 18 2008 |

Turnedo

Turnedo

Spain

@ Starshade

Yeah, unfortunately for me is possible, hehe. What I mean is that when I have to say something in English firstly I think it to myself in Spanish and then I say it in English. Crazyness, I know… 

06:43 PM Sep 18 2008 |

fadi7

fadi7

Saudi Arabia

Angelina, I was told once from my own English teacher just the same advice. At the first time when my English teacher told me that I thought she's kidding or making fun of me but she were talking seriously. Now, it has more than three years since I talked to her and we keep in touch by the internet 'cause she's living in Canada and I live in KSA but the funny thing that I haven't dreamed in English yetUndecided.

08:39 PM Sep 18 2008 |

bigy

Chad

well i think that if u thinking in genglish and it’s not your mother language it’s hard to think in your head in english but it possible.
cuz I reached that level.
thankx all love yaaaaaaaaa

09:02 PM Sep 18 2008 |

bigy

Chad

genglish=english
sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!

09:03 PM Sep 18 2008 |

SaboOo

SaboOo

Saudi Arabia

my teacher told me once

that having a dream in english is a good sign, but i don't know

when i had my first dream i was very happy about it

Wink

09:43 PM Sep 18 2008 |

amany7

amany7

Saudi Arabia

lo0l I liked the question I don't remember any English dream for me …But I always think in English and after thinking I use it while speaking without realizing .....

10:32 PM Sep 18 2008 |

dreamerhh

Oman

when i was in secondary school i was always dream that im at the airport and talk with english people fluently

but for pitty,in reallity my english is very poor and i wanna improve it more and more

12:35 AM Sep 19 2008 |