Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

for girls:quit ur job or get divorced?

+ & -

+ & -

China

suppose u r deeply in love with ur colleague .after get married,u bacome the boss of ur husband.unfortunately,he can't accept a wife who is more talented than him,and he want u to choose between quiting ur job and getting divorced.what 's ur choice will be?

05:04 AM Oct 20 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

pink angel

pink angel

Saudi Arabia

hi

in my opinion life is more important than work , you can find work any where but if you really happy in your life  with your husband do not waste your life for work

05:11 AM Oct 20 2008 |

hakanxax

hakanxax

China

im agree with u pink angel .

05:24 AM Oct 20 2008 |

sult@n

Saudi Arabia

Hi

I'm sorry that I talk because I'm man but miss who is from china no one can solve your problem just u, ask your relatives who know about your life and collect thier opinion in your mind and u think and u decide.

You ask here and here a lot of people from another countries and another cultrues.So, I hope that u got what I mean.

THANKS

05:54 AM Oct 20 2008 |

Lilycomeon

China

Different people have different opinions.

Does life really mean that females should give up their dreams or jobs just because the husbands dont like wives' more talanted? I dont think it the life's true meaning. As a couple, they should love each other.  If the husband really loves her  ,he would be considerate enough, and regard that as a pride, not complaining about it or even want to get divorced.

If not, to get divorced may not be a bad thing since the man is not worth our giving up anything when he asks us to give up our more shining than himself.

07:12 AM Oct 20 2008 |

+ & -

+ & -

China

thx 4 commenting on this ,sir sult@n !what i asked everyone to answer  here is not 4 solving my problem.i haven't a problem with marriage.i am only 20.i am not married,obviously.that is just a poll. i just wanna hear to diffirent people's opinion from different countries and cultures.  but…thanks!

07:15 AM Oct 20 2008 |

my_high_IQ

my_high_IQ

Azerbaijan

Since  I'm the BOSS ;D  ,I suppose my salary will be higher than his pay. So I will suggest him to choose between finding any better paid job or getting divorsed!!Cool

10:50 AM Oct 20 2008 |

micyarrah

micyarrah

Algeria

I say if she loves him enough to quite her job which she is better than him at , why don't he go and find an other job where he could do better , why the woman has to sacrifice, if he asked her to choose between quitting her job or divorce it means that he doesn't love her enough and he doesn't deserve this sacrifice from her , I believe if he loves her he is the one that should find an other job

11:43 AM Oct 20 2008 |

little elephant

United States

divorced though that girl can't accept or get used to this situation for a while.

The reason is that if you obey your husband this time, what happen the next time ,next next time. 

It seems that You don't lose love , but you love painfully.

I disagree that love and get pain at the same time.  

01:32 PM Oct 20 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

i think i can't marry and love someone who don't distinguish between love and job or feel irritated because his wife is his boss to the extint of talking about divorce.and if he gives me this horrible choice,he'll get a horrible answer.Wink

01:38 PM Oct 20 2008 |