Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what is your phobia(s) if you have?

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi friends,

I wanted to share this topic with you. Do you have any phobias? Is there anyone who get rid of it? If you got rid of it How did you accomplish it? Would you please share your experiences about phobia with us?

Mine was not to use elevator. Once I was in the elevator alone and it was out of order between two floors, after 15 minutes someone could help me. After that I couldn't use it, I always climbed 10-12 floors or didn't go any high buildings or skyscrapers. But to survive like that was not comfortable and I decided to get over my phobia. First time I couldn't accomplish but second time I could use it just for first floor than I did. Now I don't have it… Actually it was in past. Just we talked about this topic with our friends and I wanted to write this topic here, too. 

Be happy and Healthy forever :) Zeus  

09:39 PM Oct 27 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

You know, I had it and , that time I couldn't feel comfortable, relax. But now I can also laugh to that strange phobia,  now :) not that time :(

By the way, I guess still you have it. If you want to get over it  you should ….. :) 

10:21 PM Oct 27 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

is that mean we feel scare too much to something? if yes, and if it is one of its, I have phobia to worm and leech..Sealed. better I meet and asked to touch Lion or snake, than worm or leech..

04:04 AM Oct 28 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

definitely ..islamophobia. But I think also phobia to wise guy's like U, and beatiful woman 's like me..Laughing . By the way..where is he? did he find his way?

05:10 AM Oct 28 2008 |

amany7

amany7

Saudi Arabia

I can't swim in pools or at the beach… I am always afraid of drowning…. Cry can't take the risk…

06:38 AM Oct 28 2008 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi friends,

Hypnotism is a dangerous method, Hakimi. Be careful, please if you chhose that method. Your doctor can learn all your privite life, all your secrets Wink. And if we learn to menage to our brain, very easy  to get over  from our  fears. Faith is also usefull for that. Just we should try to get over them step by step. Be happy and healthy forever.

11:17 AM Oct 28 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Nesli, definitely you’re not fit well to be a good nurse. :p
I hate or maybe afraid of many insects, spider, and snake.
Btw guys I guess mark isn’t an islamophobia. He’s maybe anti islam. It’s quite different right?:p

08:19 PM Oct 28 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

I'm still a bit nervous about heights, and travelling by a plane.

The most effective treatment for phobias is Progrssive Exposure – that is to gradually get used to the thing that scares you. A clinical psychologist is the person who can guide you on this technique.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systematic_desensitization

Relaxation training and breathing exercises can help you to cope with fear.

http://www.selfhelpmagazine.com/articles/breathing.php

12:58 PM Oct 29 2008 |

KarenZ

KarenZ

China

I am afraid of squirming animals like worms and snakes (I enjoy watching them on TV programs like "discovery" but in real life..no no no!). Insects are fine with me but not worms, I hate to see how they move their bodies and to feel their creepy softness when I accidentally touched them….ewwwk! I would scream out when I come across a veg worm when I'm washing vegitables; Even the sight chills me Embarassed

05:21 PM Oct 29 2008 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Dear Hakimi,

I just tried to make a joke to you, if I hurt you, sorry about that. I thought you were sence of humor, but got it so serious :) it means you have some secrets, he?  :)))

09:50 PM Oct 29 2008 |

grottesca

grottesca

Germany

My phobia is spiders. They're so gross and scary. D:

I used to get a lot of them in my house in the winter.

09:52 PM Oct 29 2008 |