Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

6000 Muslim clerics endorse anti-terror fatwa

javamanju

javamanju

India

HYDERABAD, India, Nov. 8 (UPI)—About 6,000 Muslim clerics from around India approved a fatwa against terrorism Saturday at a conference in Hyderabad.

Maulana Qari Mohammad Usman Mansoorpuri, president of the Jamaiat-Ulama-i-Hind, called terrorism the most serious problem facing Islam, The Hindu reported. He blamed Islamic radicals for their actions and the news media for failing to distinguish between the radicals and the majority of Muslims.

"We have no love for offenders whichever religion they might belong to," he said. "Our concern is that innocents should not be targeted and the career of educated youth not ruined. The government should ensure transparency in investigation."

India has the world's second-largest Muslim population after Indonesia, although Hindus outnumber Muslims. The meeting was also expected to address issues like national integration.

"Islam rejects all kinds of unjust violence, breach of peace, bloodshed, murder and plunder and does not allow it in any form. Cooperation should be done for the cause of good but not for committing sin or oppression," the fatwa written at the Darul Uloom Deoband, India's foremost Islamic seminary.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/11/08/Muslim_clerics_endorse_anti-terror_fatwa/UPI-38241226199440/

01:28 AM Nov 10 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

That's good. We can only hope those that they call radicals will listen.

I agree with the spokesman, that terrorism is the greatest problem facing Islam today. 

01:39 AM Nov 10 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Well this is certainly a step in the right direction.
Remember, pakistan is a lab for those terrorists, and india is their gunie pig, every major terror. the kind of Terrorism that we see today zip first applied in Kashmir. since bad steps started from this region, Hopefully good steps will start from this region as well.

03:10 PM Nov 10 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

strange, no comment’s from “real” and “not real” muslims. I thinks most of them are not interested in what “real” muslims do

04:17 PM Nov 10 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

hehehe java, may be all muslims are fed up with this talk.you know there are a lot of those fatwas ,but on the ground there's an absence of real work.young people are left to themselves and they are victims of anger,drugs,hard ideologies and violence.violence is an option in all the world nowadays and terrorism has many shapes and many justifications.i hope oneday people will look for real solutions not how to create conflicts and take benefit from them.and as martin luther king said: i have a dream…... 

05:10 PM Nov 10 2008 |

M_honor

M_honor

Lebanon

just 6000!

i hear 10000 every day!!!!

06:45 PM Nov 10 2008 |

MarocLady

MarocLady

Germany

Thanks for this article. I think this is the right way to show the non-islamic world that islam doesn´t mean terrorism.

But, it´s a pity that news like those ones aren´t very interesting for the media…

08:32 PM Nov 10 2008 |

Jerlan

Jerlan

Brazil

I think should exist more union between the countries! All of us are has its owns importance!

We don't have the right to say that who is the sure or who's wrong. 

My hugs from Brazil! 

09:24 PM Nov 10 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Who is asking muslims to produce fatwas against violence. the mere fact that there are so many of them and that violence does not abate only shows how ineffective they are.

I don't call on muslims to issue fatwas. I call on muslims (or at least those who say they are to stop blowing up buses and nightclubs full of civilians. That would be nice.

11:24 PM Nov 10 2008 |

Lini

Lini

Indonesia

100% agree with Blink. Great truly explanation and clearly truth

04:48 AM Nov 11 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

You are right BLINK,

Politicians of both India and Pakistan  will never want peace. I even go on and apply the same logic on Israel- Palestinian conflict.

Israel doesn't want to end the conflict because it would end military aid from USA. Hamas/PLO and other arab govts don't want the conflict to  end because Hamas/PLO get s tons of cash for their activities. The Arab Govts will loose a valube issue by which they could divert real issues like development

Tell me, if the Kashmirs want freedom, is that their crime

Well it is not a crime, but the reason for the freedom is not right.

What makes a Kashmiri different from a tamil??

What ever happens in Kashmir happens in other states in India as well. but no one asks for freedom!!

there are 28 states with 1000 differnt languages and people who follow  10+ religions. There are bound to be differences.

Differences can't be a reason for freedom(atleast in India).  It is only due to the british, Nehru and Jinha, You and me are writting from two diffent countries instead of one

Tell me, when the USA who call himself the champion of humanity and they strike innocent children, women and small boys, is it war?!!! No, sir this is pure terrorism the same like Al-Qaida and Taliban

There is one difference between the two, one happens in the name of USA and other in the name of Islam.

Protest of 1000s of people brought the Vietnam war to an end, In a democracy People are the"Uleams" of the country.

so similarly, 6000 ulemas protesting against terrorism is a start. tommorow it might help bring down terrorism!!

04:43 PM Nov 11 2008 |