Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Ladies/women Day in Your country?

satska

Finland

Tell me, if your country has a whole day dedicated for celebrating only women?

How do you spent that day?

Is there many traditions during that day?

How is that day general, is it a big thing?

Do you think there should be all womens day?

What about men's day?

Because here in Finland we have that day tomorrow. Women get roses more than usually.

07:19 PM Mar 07 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

avorado

avorado

Viet Nam

yeah, in my country, Vietnam, there's a day dedicated for only Vietnamese women. It's on October 20th. But, in fact, it's not as special as today, March 8th. Today, women, yes, certainly, get flowers and gifts, and specially be interested. wow, Happy Women's day to all ladies! 

05:27 AM Mar 08 2007 |

Risetzu

Risetzu

Mexico

Here, in Mexico, today's the Woman's Day and … i didn't know of one woman who had received flowers, chocolates, not even a soda. At school i only mentioned it to my French teacher, the only woman who gives us classes and nothing interesting happened.

By the way, I hope you all, ladies, had had a very nice and enjoyable day.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!! (and for me too ^^)

11:24 PM Mar 08 2007 |

spangi

spangi

Germany

Hi!

I'm from germany and I think there is a woman's day, but we don't celebrate ist. I know that it was last week, but I ddon't knoe the actual date.

I don't know what I should think about it. Somehow I think that as long as there is't a man's day we don't need a woman's day either.

What we do celebrate is mother's day and father's day. Do you celebrate these days in your country?

09:35 AM Mar 09 2007 |

Queen of Fairies

Belarus

Yess!

We got flowers, we had a party and the guys invited a music band for us!

11:31 AM Mar 09 2007 |