Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Education in your country.

nanasja

nanasja

Latvia

It will be interesting to know, what education is in the different countries of the world. For example, in Latvia there is an obligatory basic education (9 classes), and secondary (12 classes) Higher education it is possible to receive at 5 universities (if I am not mistaken) for money but while there are budgetary places which will  soon cancel.

05:13 PM Dec 25 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Person

Brazil

Education??? Where??? Wink

01:46 AM Dec 26 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

In India, there is

1)Primary (1-7th)
2)High school(8th-10th)
3)Pre University(11th and 12th)
4)University(either 3,4 or 5 years years)

Any one can have Unversity eduction in India. It is quite cheap. few like IIT are one of the Top colleges in the world.

I finished Engineering in 1250$.

09:13 AM Dec 26 2008 |

sun of river

China

In China,education levels vary widely across religions.

I used to live in countryside, people there don't pay more attention to the education.so many teens drop out.But in recently,out government are making progress in rural education.I believe someday it will be good.

09:57 AM Dec 26 2008 |

nanasja

nanasja

Latvia

javamanju

Very interesting! In my country hight education is expensive, especially if you want study creative trades, for example journalist, international relationships and so on.

10:52 AM Dec 26 2008 |

JuneGirl

Uzbekistan

In Uzbekistan

1 primary (1-9)

2 high school (10-11) or professional college (2-3 years)

3  Institute or Univercity (bakalavr 4 years) (medical 6 years)

4 Institute or Univercity (magistr 2 years)

07:08 PM Dec 26 2008 |

nanasja

nanasja

Latvia

fgkc 

JuneGirl

Thanks for answers! Smile

How many costs a higher education in your country?

It is expensive? At what age children go to school?

08:53 AM Dec 27 2008 |

Tsaokuohua

China

Here,education tell you is free(9 years),in fact,that is the other.

12:24 PM Dec 27 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

In my country hight education is expensive, especially if you want study creative trades, for example journalist, international relationships and so on.

Here it is all about either marks(grade) or money. A person like me has to really work hard to get a seat in an engineering college.

12:28 PM Dec 27 2008 |

PMV

PMV

China

there are 9 years compulsory education here in china which means you're free charge to study at school from primary- high school. in the matter of fact, these 9 years still cost money due to other various fees claimed by different schools. when you got to university, you need to pay 5000-10000CNY as tutuion fees for one year.

but i think the chinese primary edcuation is the best in the world. cuz young children here have to learn alot of things related to language, math, hisotry, science, geography, history, politic, english….....

04:06 PM Dec 29 2008 |