Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Peace in Gaza: Stop the Hamas rocket fire!

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Over 7000 rockets from the Hamas-controlled Gaza strip have been fired at Israeli town over the last 3 years. If there is to be peace in Gaza, Hamas should be stopped and disarmed.

Hamas, instead of spending money to rebuild Gaza's infastructure, provide medicine and food for the citizens of Gaza, has chosen instead to spend millions on rockets to provoke Israel into a military conflict that has increased the suffering of the people in the region.

Hamas is a brutal terrorist group that has drawn the people of Gaza into a bloody conflict that no one wanted.

Some  statistics:

An example of the media's coverage on the rockets throughout the years:

02:22 AM Jan 11 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Well, Hamas is definitely not doing well according to the News reports. Iguess many of you are really disappointed. Tant pis.

12:03 AM Jan 13 2009 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

are U sure it is ROCket ? no..i think that's Pencil…Laughing

Ok..if that's a rocket or mass destruction …give us picture which one building has been destroyed by it..

..I'm still waiting…Wink

04:53 AM Jan 13 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Hamas r heros while jews r coward…...hamas fight with toys according to the illigal weapons with israel though Hamas stand for 17 days coz Allah with them….Hamas trying to fight face to face while ur coward solideirs can't go out from tanks for days , they pee on theirselfs :)...
Hamas caught ur cocroaches while they can't dare to touch one of them…...they bomb children and women only from the sky…
ur cocroach soliders cry and afriad while Hamas heros meet the death with bare chest…....
there's a great difference …..and will still….

06:09 AM Jan 13 2009 |

MONY----

MONY----

Egypt

blood of the innocent cildren will never go in vain!!!!!!!

Alla is there and the victory for the truth at the end :)

pitty on every muderer

06:51 AM Jan 13 2009 |

MONY----

MONY----

Egypt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAnQOqooXvU

06:58 AM Jan 13 2009 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

pitty on every muderer

I really agree with you on that.. ofcourse you meant for hamas and IDF right??

07:31 AM Jan 13 2009 |

Lini

Lini

Indonesia

I was watching TV yesterday and it's not only boys and women shot by Israel army, but Israel also brutally shot journalist.

it's unmoral ….unhumanity …...

so…are you support them (Israel army) fabs1???? 

08:06 AM Jan 13 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Maybe its because your media doesn't show you any facts beyond what will make everyone sympathetic to the Palestinians and ignore that it was Hamas that started the war by firing thousands of rockets at Israel.

Do I support them? 100 percent.

08:23 PM Jan 13 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

If there's a lesson to this conflict, its simple:

Don't fire thousands of rockets at a country, killing its citizens over the years, and then expect the country not to react.

I think even a four year old understands that if you hit someone, he might hit you back. Hamas is getting what its been asking for for a long time. I can imagine people on this board aren't happy about Hamas getting its ass kicked.

08:27 PM Jan 13 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"Ok, you want to justify killing boys and women"

I never wrote that. You can read, right?

"Shame on you! You say Hamas started the war"

Uh… Yeah? Because they kind of did. Even Abbas and Mubarrak said that.  I think people like you prefer to ignore it to make the Palestinians seems like innocent victims who did absolutely nothing. It is of course nonsense. 

"Hamas is one of the resisting army; they’re resisting the Israelian occupation"

Resisting against what?  Israel left Gaza in 2005. If Hamas want to keep on fighting, it isn't because Israel attacked them first.

"When we see, Israel close all the doors of Gaza, and don’t let other provide the food and medicine for Palestinian people "

Interesting… So how did Hamas manage to get so many rockets into Gaza then? Why didn't Hamas spend all that money and resources on helping the people of Gaza?

What do I expect Hamas to do? Maybe stop provoking Israel by firing thousands of rockets at Israeli towns when Israel hasn't even touched them?

"Israel calls Hamas “a terrorist organization”, and that what France called Algerian resisting"

The FLN were a bunch of terrorists that targeted civilians too. I make no difference.

Israel stole no one's land and built up the country unlike any other country did. The place was mostly desert before Israel came into existence. Jerusalem was a large ruin until Israel repaired it and made it a bustling city. NOW of course, the Arabs want it. It's funny how the jealous always want things that don't belong to them.

I'm dreaming? Of what? Israel not being attacked by religious fanatics? I don't think thats a dream, its just a reality that the IDF is working to achieve. And they will win, while people like you will be disappointed.

11:16 PM Jan 14 2009 |