Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

A Reason to Excel

nice2cu

nice2cu

India

A Reason to Excel

Robby was a young boy who lived with his elderly mother. She wanted him to learn

piano because she longed to hear her son play for her.

She sent her son to a piano teacher who in turn agreed to teach him.

However, since Robby was not musically inclined, he was very slow in learning.

The teacher did not have much faith in the boy, but his mother was very enthusiastic
and every day she would send Robby to the teacher.

One day Robby stopped attending the piano lessons. The teacher thought that he
had given up. In fact she was quite pleased since, she did not have much hope on Robby. 

Not long after, the piano teacher was given the task to organize a piano concert in town.

She sent out circulars inviting the students and public to attend the event.
To her surprise she received a call from Robby who offered to take part in the concert.
But the teacher told Robby that he was not good enough to participate in a concert
and also that he was no longer a student since he had stopped coming for lessons.

Robby begged for a chance and promised that he would not let her down.

Finally, she gave in and she put him to play last, hoping that he will change his mind
at the last minute. When the big day came, the hall was packed and the children gave their best

performance. Finally, it was Robby’s turn to play and as his name was announced, he walked in.

He was not in proper attire and his hair was not properly groomed. The teacher was nervous,
because if Robby’s performance is bad, it could spoil the whole evening’s brilliant performance.
As Robby started playing the crowd became silent and was amazed at the skill of this little boy.

In fact, he gave the best performance of the evening.

At the end of his presentation the crowd and the piano teacher gave him a standing ovation.
The crowd asked Robby how he managed to play so brilliantly.

With a microphone in front of him, he said, “I did not attend the piano lessons regularly
as there was no great desire in me for piano,  my mother too didn’t know that I was
irregular because she was sick with cancer.  

She just passed away today morning and I wanted her to hear me play.
You see, this is the first time she is able to hear me play because when she was
alive she was deaf and now I know she is listening to me. I have to play my best for her!”

Epilogue :

This is indeed a touching incidence of love.

When you have a passion and a reason to do something, you will surely excel.
You may not be talented or gifted but if you have a strong reason to do something,
you will be able to tap into your inner God given potential.

04:31 AM Apr 08 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Blacklistmember

Germany

Very touching story! Thanks For Sharing Pal!@Innocent

Is that your own story?

05:15 AM Apr 08 2009 |

nice2cu

nice2cu

India

No yeah

05:45 AM Apr 08 2009 |

donniex

China

we should have faith in ourselves first ,then others would change their attitude to you.

try to fulfill yourself with determination.

08:17 AM Apr 08 2009 |