Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you have Easter in your country ?

91patii

91patii

Poland

hmm i want to know that in ur country is Easter.. :)

in Poland yes.. :) on sunday and monday .. :) but since tomorrow will be holy week ;)

we go to church with cart and inside are : lamb, eggs, flan, etc.. :) and Priest saints us it :) its on saturday .. 

on sunday we go to church and then we meet with family :) and we eat traditional food on Easter ;)

and on monday we meet with family again.. and we sprinkle water.. 

when i was young when i went ouside i was wet .. :P ehehe.. now i think i dont go coz i dont want to be wet.. ;)

how bout in ur country ? tell me :)

11:16 AM Apr 08 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Scedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

91patii

91patii

Poland

ahh.. lots of chinese friends told me that in china havent Easter.. umm :( pitty :p

and thx :)

11:21 AM Apr 08 2009 |

Futuristic

Futuristic

Philippines

Here in the Philippines, we have  easter Sunday, and everyone  should have to go to church to celebrate the new begining.

12:34 PM Apr 08 2009 |

adrianasparvolli

Brazil

In Brazil Easter is during friday and weekend.

That´s good because it´s a holiday \\\0///

People here use to buy and give a LOT of chocolate eggs to the loved ones and family.

04:30 PM Apr 08 2009 |

elenochka

elenochka

Belarus

yes yes we haveSmileSmileSmile this year it is on 19th April and i am  going to celebrate it !!

06:45 PM Apr 08 2009 |

91patii

91patii

Poland

ouu..in poland this year it ison 12th of April :P

07:40 PM Apr 08 2009 |

andreia23

andreia23

Portugal

here we have Easter too in 12th of April well in friday before its holiday and in that day we don´t eat meat i think in saturday its holiday too… well on Sunday is when we call "compasso" pass in all houses ( the "compasso" its what we call to the priest and other ppl that come to or home) well they bring with them the cross with Jesus and we have to kiss him and the priest bless the house….at last or godmothers and godfathers give to us the "Folar" and it can be so many things like chocolate eggs, almonds, but mine in my case its usually money and chocolate..

08:39 PM Apr 08 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

well

exactly the same that andreia said!:):)

09:10 PM Apr 08 2009 |

shad84

shad84

United States

oh yeah xD

04:56 AM Apr 09 2009 |

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

Yeah we do.. but our orthodox Easter will be next weekend.. 

again these eggs and  easter cake :D

09:45 AM Apr 09 2009 |

elenochka

elenochka

Belarus

yummy yummy)))

03:18 PM Apr 09 2009 |