Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Have you been hurt by the one you love?

beautifulmind78

Syrian Arab Republic

Hey everybody I was wondering how many people have been hurt by the one they love and whether they were willing to forgive him/her afterwards?

Wish to hear what everyone think?

07:38 AM Apr 13 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

I was hurt once.. really badly.. and that was my first love.. so u can imagine how broken i felt inside..
I couldn’t forgive those things he did to me.. and i left him..
around 1 year i was trying to forget him.. it’s always hard to erase memory abt anyone when u love this person.. but i succeeded..
they say: “time is a healer”.. wise men who say that.. i got convinced..
but no matter what happened to you in the past, whatever experinece you had – bad or good, don’t be afraid to fall in love again.. cause LOVE always was, is and will be the greatest feeling in this world.. don’t deny it..

08:13 AM Apr 13 2009 |

beautifulmind78

Syrian Arab Republic

Dear Star39, im sorry to hear that u were hurt! I was too but now he came back and he's trying to apologise… I don't know if i should forgive him or trust him again! quite hard to decide! but u r right love is the greatest feeling in the world…no matter what…

wish noone will ever get hurt though

08:29 AM Apr 13 2009 |

91patii

91patii

Poland

i havent been ;)

08:41 AM Apr 13 2009 |

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

Dear beautifulmind ,
first of all – everyone has a right for mistake.. but another thing – are YOU ready to forgive those mistakes he made?
you know sometimes apologizing doesn’t mean anything.. just words without sense.. and guys are doing that to girls only to get them back as a “toy”.. they “playing” on girls’ feelings..
but sometimes boys are really suffering cause they made stupid mistake in the past and lost this way their girls.. this case everything depends only on you.. if u r ready to forgive and u really think he can be that “the only one”, then why not to give him one more chance.. people are changing..
which of these 2 types is your boy i don’t know.. only you can feel that..

08:50 AM Apr 13 2009 |

beautifulmind78

Syrian Arab Republic

Dear Star39

Thanks again for ur comments! I think it helps to talk with someone who has been through sth similar! The thing with me is that I realise that he didnt mean to hurt me and I'm 100% sure of his love…but the thing is that the problem is in his personality! He doesn't have a strong independent personality… may be coz he's an only son! I dont know but he's always procrastinating and afraid to take decisions and I dont think that in itself would change much no matter how sorry he seems now coz its part of his personality!

09:09 AM Apr 13 2009 |

beautifulmind78

Syrian Arab Republic

Many thanks for Susie and Otto Collins for ur comments

that was really beneficial.. very treu that previous hurts can damage one's future life and relationships if u werent aware of that and tried to deal with it! But can I know ur website if u had one plz?

09:17 AM Apr 13 2009 |

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

Dear Beutifulmind,

one thing i can assume is that the person who is the only one child in the family always is considered as "harder exemplar".. some of these can be real selfishes, another ones perceive this world in different way cause they just got used to feel "support" around (by parents and closest people).. that's why when the "real life" comes and dipers are already "taken off", they feel unsure..

i don't know what i can advice.. love is such a strange thing sometimes)) u know, some people accept being with a person just cause they want this.. just cause they feel it inside, strong wish to be close.. even if that person has one's "bad sides"..

09:30 AM Apr 13 2009 |

beautifulmind78

Syrian Arab Republic

yes what u said is very true Star39! I've seen many men in my society who were only sons in their families and they were almost all like that! unable to take responsibility or make up their minds about sth.. also are weak in front of their parents! but i thought he wud be different coz he's western and lives according to the western way of life which involves alot of independence and responsibility for one's own life and choices! but it seems this wasn't very accurate!

10:08 AM Apr 13 2009 |

PauloSaningo

Mozambique

yeah!. I've ever been hurt by someone I loved a lot.

I was dating with a girl who I loved too much during 3 years. I stayed 3 years without making sex with her because she said she was virgin and she was unprepared. As I loved her I understood her position. One day we argued and we broke up, after some weeks I looked for her and she said she had a new boyfriend, I insisted and she accepted to return to me. But whe  we were dating she confessed me that she wasn't virgin any more, I means she made sex with another one during our separation, I got shooked and broke up with her. being happy with her was a terrible nightmare. It was darn hard to forget her because I loved her too much. I got frustrated and I stayed about three years without dating.   But I've forgotten her. now she's part of my past. Now I have a new girlfriend who I like too much.

11:57 AM Jul 10 2009 |

green greener

United Arab Emirates

I think this should happen either between parent and children or between wife and husband or between friends. I called this salt of life, without it, you'll not feel the taste of life. Whatever happen, really, it is so hard for me not to forgive. I should forgive to feel relax in myself. I always try to understand the reason that the other person acted like this, I mean I guess many excuses for him/her.

05:47 PM Jul 13 2009 |