Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what's your opinion towards gays?

fantasycj

fantasycj

China

I have a gay friend ,he is such a nice guy ,but very confused because gays are not treated equally in our country.

I don't think it is his fault ,everyone could choose his own life.

what do you think ?are you the kind of person who oppose gay guys ?

01:39 PM Jun 23 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Sawdestination

Mexico

"I care about children who are under 13 or 14 because such ads are danger for them"

Are not there in your country software to protect internet?? I mean, there are lots of programs you can use to blocked internet, allowing kids and teenagers to navigate through safe sites. One of the main providers in Mexico, provites of one to block adult content to kids.

Besides is parent´s responsability to take care of what their young sons and daughters are doing, don´t you think?

05:01 AM Jul 03 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

"so ıs ıt normal that 2 man makes love!!! and olso 2 women makes love!!! why god create a women and man!! we have to thınk thıs also"

Normal is a subjective word. What means normal to you could not means normal to others. Here in Mexico is normal eat pork meat, but it won´t be normal in muslim countries. A child with brain damage is normal to me, maybe he/she won´t be normal to others.

And why he creates them? What is their real purpouse? I believe everything and everyone happens or exists for a reason. If we don´t agree with their lifestyle well… it´s up to us. Do They only appear suddenly to make chaos in the world?? To fragment society?? I believe we have to see beyond that…

05:10 AM Jul 03 2009 |

active heart

Saudi Arabia

the major problem of gay is his hormones .

his hormones is abnormal so the gay abnormal.

if u say the normal is subject for these

so if the heart rate is 20/min is normal for u but it is not normal for me.

if the blood sugar is 600 mg is normal for u but it is not normal for me.

so u will make the patient die because of your normal.

and look like the gay because his abnormal so u will lead him to die and to wrong way .

for my opinion , we should guide the gays and donot let them do what they want even they r wrong. 

08:33 PM Jul 06 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Sexual preference isn´t a quantity unit, like the rates you gave as an example. That´s why I said the word "normal" to name a person has a really subjective meaning.

I respect your opinion. It´s up to you Active_heart. If you want to guide them, good! But we are not the right ones to judge them. What it really bothers me is racism, hate and abuse against them because at the end they are persons like us.

03:17 AM Jul 09 2009 |

Angel76

Netherlands

I have no problems with gay people.

I have friends who are gay, so that doesn't bother me what so ever.

And i have a son, i would not even mind if he turned up gay Tongue out

So no problems at all folks Wink

03:42 AM Jul 09 2009 |

fantasycj

fantasycj

China

wow ,you are really not hate guy ,but to some extent ,if your son tend to be a gay ,maybe you will feel sorry , my point is we dont encourage people to be gay ,we only want others to show gays some respect and understand.

09:27 AM Jul 10 2009 |

Mrs.Doe

Mrs.Doe

United States

gkisseberth said: My opinion of a person has nothing to do with their being gay or not.

and I am agree with him :) being heterosexual doesn't make you more "normal" compared to gay, and being gay doesn't mean you're less normal than heterosexual.

for me they're no different with any heterosexuals.

10:42 AM Jul 10 2009 |

Mrs.Doe

Mrs.Doe

United States

fantasycj: you said my point is we dont encourage people to be gay ,we only want others to show gays some respect and understand.

Seriously, you can't encourage someone to be gay/gayelle or straight. it is sexual orientation and you cant choose to be either of them

What Angel meant was: IF (notice the big IF word) she has a son and he is a gay she would have no problem with that.

10:51 AM Jul 10 2009 |

ayhann

ayhann

Turkey

whatever the judgement about them first consider that being gay or smth like that isn't about psychology or personel choice,it s about hormones and it affect feelings.and actually im confused about them to what to do.i wouldnt want to be like them,in deed.but it doesnt mean they must be isolated from society..as i said i have no a straight precise commentUndecided

11:20 AM Jul 10 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

I absolutely agree with both of you Mrs. Doe and Bellavi.

04:00 AM Jul 11 2009 |