Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

HOMOSEXUALITY

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

Hello everyoneI hope you be fine and happy :D

Homosexuality is a very controversial topic nowadays because some ppl agree with it and some others dont. What do you think about it?

I'll share my experience with you: When I was at school I had some really good friends, you know, that kind of friends who you consider real friends. We always keep together and when the time passed some of them confessed me they were gay :D. As they are my real friends nothing has changed between us and our relationship is lovely. I have get to know some of their thoughts and opinions.

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY?

09:31 PM Jul 23 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

Sick of homo? hahahahaha what an 'original' word you've come up withCool

For me homo is a prefix that has two meanings:

1) Related to man, for example: Homo sapiens, which means hombre que piensa (man who is able to think)

2) Related to something alike, for example:  homosexual (which is a person who has love feelings and has seX with people from his/he own genre)

''No thanks, I dont like to have any experience with you

sorry''

I definitely do NOT wanna have any experience with you, that is why you were not asked to post your experience or opinion on my forum 

hahahaha

11:44 AM Jul 26 2009 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

04:51 PM Jul 27 2009 |

Armilia

Armilia

Indonesia

wow. im reasearching about homosexual now for debate motion :)

hmm. it's complicated. i wont talk about religion here, coz we have various religion views. but one thing for sure, even if they're wrong, they're still humans. they never know before that they're gonna be like that, it's just a feeling which is keep growing.

even if it's banned among us, it wont stop them anyway :)

there are 4 to 6 million adults who self-identify as gay men or lesbians in the United States. i believe the number is much way bigger coz there r so many too who dont self-identify themselves as gays.

i've read some books about social life nowadays, they make a community, which is we dont know or never imagine before. i have heard so many stories about them too. and surprisingly, it's among my life circle :) they're around us, may be next to you, may be ur neighbour, may be ur friends, or could be anyone who u never expect before.

and what can we do then? that's their life. that's their choice.

03:03 PM Jul 29 2009 |

Jack_240

Jack_240

Saudi Arabia

my opinion is it's disgusting and i hate it i really do. That's why i left some friends because they were gay and there are a lot of stuff has happened between them that's why i hate gays. But i have nothing against gay people as long as they're cool with me. i get along with most people although i'm kinda anti-social.

07:57 PM Jul 29 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

lol

maybe I'm one of the not homophobic guys here so it is up to me to talk about homossexuality LOL

Whitney S

Hello everyoneI hope you be fine and happy :D

I'm happy and fine thank you :) and you?

Homosexuality is a very controversial topic nowadays because some ppl agree with it and some others dont. What do you think about it?

Homossexuality is okay! Nothing wrong in it

I'll share my experience with you: When I was at school I had some really good friends, you know, that kind of friends who you consider real friends. We always keep together and when the time passed some of them confessed me they were gay :D. As they are my real friends nothing has changed between us and our relationship is lovely.

God at least you respect and love them

I have get to know some of their thoughts and opinions.

so tell me :)

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY?

you will know by my replies xD

------------

if you look up "homophobia" in the dictionary, it will probably tell you that it is the fear of homosexuals.

While many would take issue with that definition, it is nevertheless true that in many ways, it really is a fear of homosexuality or at least homosexuals.

The Reasons Homophobes Give For Their Hatred

It's not natural. Well, that's probably the weakest argument of all, since biologists frequently see homosexual behavior in other animal species, and in livestock ranching, homosexual behavior is so common it is considered a problem. Homosexual behaviors have been noted in every primate species so far studied, and in man's closest living relatives, the bonobo chimpanzees, bisexual behavior is universal.

Among humans, homosexuality is found in all cultures and with about the same frequency it is found in America. Cultural norms seem to have little influence on the incidence of homosexual behavior. So the claim that it isn't natural becomes rather difficult to support.

It's a perversion. This is really a variation of the "it's not natural" argument, and so there's no need to reiterate what has been said in the above paragraphs, other than to say that it is the 'natural' argument with a religious overtone. And being essentially a religious argument, it has little place in a society that believes in the separation of the powers of church and state.

It's against God's law. Well, of course this is a purely religious argument, and it presumes that the homosexual is or should be bound by the religious principles that are propounded here by the religionist.

The fact of the matter is that since this society and its government were founded on the notion of the separation of church and state, to encode in a secular law an idea that has purely religious purposes, is a clear violation of the principle of the separation of church and state. Until the religionist can come up with a sound reason why society benefits by the outlawing of homosexual activity, then there is no moral basis for such a law if one accepts the principle of religious freedom as encoded in the doctrine of the separation of church and state.

It's disgusting. Has the person who says that ever watched sausage being made?

There are many things that go on in society that we would consider disgusting, but we don't outlaw them just because of that. In fact, many of these activities are quite essential to the functioning of a modern society, but we simply turn our minds to other matters and don't concern ourselves with them.

Heterosexuals need to remember that they themselves are 'disgusting' to many homosexuals; it will come as quite a surprise for them to discover that the feeling is mutual. Yet it would be ludicrous for the gay person to suggest that heterosexuality ought to be persecuted; why shouldn't it work just as well the other way around? Isn't respect and tolerance a two way street?

(I had to do this work to school once, so Here is the part of it! By the way it was taken from an American website)

07:59 PM Jul 29 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

Does a girl/woman look not attractive anymore ??

yes they are! Lesbian and straight like them ;)

08:00 PM Jul 29 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

Whitney….ok, i drop that Heuston right now! The first word sound like "HOME "but then came "O" (zero).So HOME + O = mean "NO HOME" this is clear because the're not meant to be together and they will never produce any child…SmileOk thats is clear enough.Then the other words "SEX" and the last word sound like "QUALITY".Combine all together you got… HOME + O + SEX + QUALITYand the unswer=YOU GOT NOTHING..ZERO..NO QUALITY OF LIFE

seem like you've tried it :D  (ups sorry for being cheeky! i should not be like this)

08:01 PM Jul 29 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

woman for woman is ok!

but  man for man is not ok! can't imagine how to love !

what are the diffrence fool!?

Homophobic!!!

08:02 PM Jul 29 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

It is very bold and big and dity, that it seems a very undecent and bad WORD, how does the mind of his poster work ! I think there is a psychotic hospital somehwere

At least Say :  Homo

Whats ur opinion about Homo

Come and share with me

wat do u think aboou homo….

you avoided alll those question bt you posted in bold HOMOSEXULAITY, whats a shy topic for me, I dont like to talk it, I guess u r sick f homosexuliaty

aint you ?

We have posted a lot of topics about that…so I wont talk about it anymore, just

To me, it is a danger and a disease that have to be cured…

I already told you my opinion djouzi! but I say just one thing! There are other sickness that should be cured first, like yours!

homossexuality is not a sickness, but homophobie yes!

08:04 PM Jul 29 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

Ryo  and  Armilia:  well done!

08:04 PM Jul 29 2009 |