Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Are you the kind of person used to overcommitting?

cupcakes

cupcakes

Malaysia

If yes, please feel free to talk about your personal experience.

If no, please kindly tell us how do you avoid being so.  

01:12 AM Sep 04 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

cupcakes

cupcakes

Malaysia

11:15 PM Sep 04 2009 |

cupcakes

cupcakes

Malaysia

Cool

The film is trying to represent:  Mr nice guy used to overcommiting…..lol…..okie, it is hardly related….:P whatever~

@ realitybytes:  so your message is overcommiting leads to humiliation….

Hm… interesting…

12:37 PM Sep 05 2009 |

studyenglish1219

China

Jackie chan is Chinese

me too

01:36 PM Sep 10 2009 |

samsiami

samsiami

Saudi Arabia

I guess every one must have gone through times when he is overcommitted. The last year I had at college was really intensive, lots of projects should have been accomplished and to be submitted on its due time, I was always behind my schedule, fortunately I still could meet the the deadlines. :)

09:13 PM Sep 10 2009 |

cupcakes

cupcakes

Malaysia

@ samsiami, wow, sounds like you have good luck, and certainly working hard tooCool

Sometimes I feel that I can't stop running to catch up …

10:32 PM Sep 11 2009 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

cupcakes:

Don't commit to avoid overcommitment. Why you want to commit on first hand if you can't execute on time? If you commit to please others than can you please them with undone commitments? 

Overcommitment is more contagious to relationships and professional life than anything else. Not making commitment and working to make it done is more pleasing and surprising attitude for others than overcommitment.

Overcommitment leads us towards distrust and lack of trust is the basics to failiure. 

08:41 AM Sep 12 2009 |

cupcakes

cupcakes

Malaysia

@ Saladeen, not making commitment and working to make it done….hm ….. interesting ideas.  

For example, I am not making commitment to excel in English learning, however, I work hard later to make it done…. interesting approach Cool

Thank you ! ]

02:28 PM Sep 13 2009 |