Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

NEW WEBSITE check it out

November21

November21

Qatar

Hi …...........

I found a new website called Islamnowovertheworld.webs.com

Check it out and say what do you think is it helpful or not and why? Smile

09:21 PM Sep 11 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

November21

November21

Qatar

Welcome _

04:15 PM Sep 12 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

interesting site, I am looking now at the section about misconceptions. I like the very nice synopsis of the rules for the hijab

3.  Six criteria for Hijab.

According to Qur'an and Sunnah there are basically six criteria for observing

hijab:

1.    Extent: The first criterion is the extent of the body that should be covered. This is different for men and women.

The extent of covering obligatory on the male is to cover the body at least from the navel to the knees. For women, the extent of covering obligatory is to cover the complete body except the face and the hands upto the wrist. If they wish to, they can cover even these parts of the body. Some scholars of Islam insist that the face and the hands are part of the obligatory extent of 'hijab'.

All the remaining five criteria are the same for men and women.

2.    The clothes worn should be loose and should not reveal the figure.

3.    The clothes worn should not be transparent such that one can see through them.

4.    The clothes worn should not be so glamorous as to attract the opposite sex.

5.    The clothes worn should not resemble that of the opposite sex.

6.    The  clothes  worn  should  not  resemble  that  of  the  unbelievers  i.e.  they should not wear clothes that are specifically identities or symbols of the unbelievers' religions. 

04:47 PM Sep 12 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

what is an islamopohici?

05:20 PM Sep 12 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

well, the subject was November21's website. You decided to talk about me. I just want to know what an islamopohici is.

05:35 PM Sep 12 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

No, you, wrote it and have since corrected it. 

Please tell me your definition of an islamophobe.  

02:29 AM Sep 13 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

and your definition?

04:50 PM Sep 13 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

focus. What is your definition of islamophobic?

05:22 PM Sep 13 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

it's not a good idea to use the term you are trying to define in the definition. 

Your description, muddled as it is, seems to depend on your intimate knowledge of a persons motivations. How can someone less insightful as you determine if a person is islamophobic? 

06:15 PM Sep 13 2009 |

November21

November21

Qatar

Thanks….

06:08 AM Sep 14 2009 |

November21

November21

Qatar

I men thanks  Djouzi for the website I like it.

06:09 AM Sep 14 2009 |