Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What's your favourite book by Stephen King?

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

I read his books since my childhood. My favourite are:

The Stand, The Dark Tower, Rage, The long walk, Deuma-key, The Talisman

07:35 AM Sep 14 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

The Green mile is a screen version also. There is Tom Hanks, it's worth seeing.

10:54 AM Sep 14 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I've never read any of his books but I've seen some of the movies mad from his novels or stories; The Shining, Stand by Me, Running Man, Misery, and Storm of the Century.

Dj, if you didn't know, that word, nigger, is considered very offensive to many black North Americans. 

01:29 PM Sep 14 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

I have not had the opportunity to read none of his books, only the movie versions: "It", "Cujo", "The myst", "Salem´s lot", "Pet cemetary", "The dreamcatcher", "Christine" (I don´t remember the name, but it´s about a possesed car) and the amazing "Misery".

06:41 PM Sep 14 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

I read almost 20 books by him. The best one was the dead zone but his books are the best ones, they are all good.

08:01 PM Sep 14 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Memo, have you read The Stand or The Dark Tower series? Those are the only two that really interest me much.

08:49 PM Sep 14 2009 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Thanks Nu Pogodi for this list. I've read almost all of them, there are not several new things such as Deuma-key, Lizzy's story, Blaze. I read them this year.

the movie "The Shining" is good also with J.Nickolson

09:55 AM Sep 15 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Uh!! Of your list I remember some movies I saw but I didn´t know were adapted of King´s stories: "Carrie", "The shining" (I love the movie not the miniserie), "Firestarter", "The cat´s eye" (I love cats, I couldn´t leave it out of my list), "Sleepwalkers" (jejeje again in my list, few movies have used cats as the main heroes of the movies), "The dark half", "The shawshank redemption", "Thinner" (I like the black humor and irony), "The green mile" (the end is one of the best I have ever seen), "Storm of the century", "The rose red", "The diary of Ellen Rimbauer" (this one I didn´t enjoy a lot) and "1408".

Thanks Nu, you are like light in the darkness, hahaha!

04:31 PM Sep 15 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Nu: I prefer "The bucket list", with Morgan Freeman. I know is not as good as the example you put, but they are enjoyable in this drama.

I love your comparison with P. Hilton, pretty explicit and understandable, hahaha!

01:26 PM Sep 17 2009 |

Monique Fernandes

Brazil

I have never read his books… only watched two movies "The Langoliers" and "The Shinning" (the scariest thing in that movie are those twin girls :( on the floor awwww and the part that the woman saw what was written in her husband's book LOL i can't remember the sentence :S)

01:09 AM Sep 18 2009 |

SolaruS

SolaruS

Ukraine

When I was start learn english. I read a he’s book on english language. It name book’s – Buka. Few pages. But it 3 movies! I didn’t saw it movies, because I don’t like horror.

09:00 PM Sep 18 2009 |