Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Muslims To Make Majority of Earth's Population in Near Future

:-(

India

Every fourth human being living on earth is a Muslim, a report from the department of religion of the US-based Pew Research Center said.

There are 1 billion 570 million Muslims living in the world today, the research said. Brian Grim, a senior researcher at the think-tank said that the number was more than he originally expected.

Up to 60 percent of Muslims live in Asia, 20 percent – in the Middle East and North Africa. The report also mentioned that over 300 million Muslims live in the countries where Islam is not the basic religion.

A recent research from the above-mentioned center said that 58 percent of the polled Americans acknowledged that Muslims were subjected to discrimination most. The poll was held in September, on the threshold of the 9/11 anniversary.

The results of the poll showed that the number of Americans studying Islam has been growing steadily recently. The number of US citizens who consider Islam a source of violence has reduced considerably.

In 2007, 45 percent of Americans considered Islam as a violence-inciting religion, although in 2009 the number reduced to 38 percent. In addition, the number of Americans familiar with peculiarities of Islam increased. The number of people who know that Allah is the Muslim god and Quran is the Muslim holy book increased from 33 percent in 2002 to 41 percent in 2009.

http://english.pravda.ru/world/europe/09-10-2009/109783-muslims-0 

03:12 AM Oct 15 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

@LEA:

I keep reading from Muslim users that the Torah has apparently been altered and changed from its original form. Christians do not believe this, Jesus, according to all accounts, did not come and say that the books before him were wrong.

The Dead Sea Scrolls prove that the Torah has been the same for at least 2000 years.

Jewish tradition puts down set rules for how a Torah scroll is written and throughly compared to 5 other scrolls before being accepted as valid.

A Torah scroll from Indian Jews in Mumbai is exactly the same as for a Jew from Hungary or Morocco.

I don't see any proof for this accusation.

The Koran can say what it likes, but only Muslims follow the Koran.

@arabhamid:

you can't ask people to believe in those laws, because they're not mentionned in other religions, as the only thing that you can use them, is to know who is going to world to come according to your religion,  not more.

I don't have to ask Muslims for example to follow those laws. They already follow them by just being Muslims.

The same goes for the other religions that I mentioned.

by the way, not only the descendant of Noah who were saved from flood, but also people who were living with him and his family, those are not descendant of him.

Only him and his family were saved according to the Torah.

Here is the quote:

But I will establish My covenant with thee; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.   Genesis 6: 18

Either way, we're missing the point. The survivors of the flood were bound by an oath with gd, not to be wicked and to follow these laws.

as I said before, it's only you who believe in those laws, and you can't ask mankind to believe in them.

I'm not asking anyone. Who am I to? Who are Jews to ask this of people?

This is the Torah and its divine teachings, and these are beyond what inidividual Jews want or think.

you know, the last nations that allah doesn't destroy after not respecting the order of allah, is the Jewish, before them many nations were destroyed and noone rescued.

Jews are not destroyed, and are alive and well. The fact that Jews still exist and practice a thriving religion to me is the best proof that Islamic claims to supercede it are false.

About the laws of Noah, they're rules for Jews

No they're not. Jews have to follow much more complicated laws then the simple 7 Noahide Laws, as I've explained.

for us, Only the muslims who go into heaven.

And I think that is an additional weakness when it comes to Islam. Christianity as well.

03:57 AM Oct 20 2009 |

fasalu

fasalu

India

Islam is not like other religion. it is the right way to live in this world. It is created by Allah who created this World. So Islam willl exist untill the end of the world. And muslims should follow islam, and call the non-muslims to Islam. so we and peoples arround us can escape from the jehannam(hell).

May allah Bless all….....

06:16 AM Oct 20 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

One example of contextual displacement is found in the Biblical book of Esther. The story of Esther is known to be unhistorical, so it must have been invented by its authors, i.e. it is a textual addition. But the story has a Haman who is described as the prime minister in the court of the Persian king Ahasuerus. A character with the same name appears in the Qur’an as a high ranking minister in Pharaoh’s court. This is an instance of contextual displacement where a character has been moved by the Biblical authors from one context to another. I have dedicated a chapter in my book The Mystery of Israel in Ancient Egypt: The Exodus in the Qur’an, the Old Testament, Archaeological Finds, and Historical Sources to explain in detail why Haman must have been an Egyptian rather than Persian figure.
In the case of Haman’s identity, for example, the Qur’an’s story was revealed by God and is therefore true, whereas the identification of the Old Testament resulted from moving Haman from the story of Moses, which was part of the Torah, to a completely different story.
Let me cite another contextual displacement, but this time from Christian sources. The Qur’an describes the birth of Jesus and following events as follows:
And the pangs of childbirth drove her (Mary) to the trunk of a palm tree. She said: “I wish I had died before this and had become someone totally forgotten!” (19.23). Then he (Jesus) called her from beneath her: “Do not grieve! Your Lord has placed a rivulet beneath you (19.24). And shake the trunk of the palm tree toward you, and it will let fall fresh dates upon you (19.25). So eat, drink, and be consoled. If you meet any human being, say: ‘I have vowed a fast to God, so I will not speak today to any person’” (19.26). Then she brought him to her people, carrying him. They said: “O Mary! You have come up with a grave thing (19.27). O sister of Aaron! Your father was not a bad man, and your mother was not an unchaste woman” (19.28). Then she pointed to him. They said: “How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?” (19.29). He said: “I am Allah’s servant. He has given me the Book and has appointed me a prophet (19.30). He has made me blessed wherever I may be. He has enjoined upon me prayer and almsgiving so long as I remain alive (19.31). And [He has made me] kind to my mother and has not made me arrogant or wretched (19.32). Peace is on me the day I was born, the day I shall die, and the day I shall be raised alive” (19.33).
Jesus spoke immediately after his birth to his mother to console her, mention the miraculous appearance of food and drink, and ask her not to talk to people. He then spoke in the cradle to his mother’s people to defend her against their accusations. So the miracle is placed in a logical and understandable context.
But we find in the apocryphal Arabic Gospel of the Infancy this different account:
Jesus spoke even when he was in the cradle, and said to his mother: “Mary, I am Jesus the Son of God, that word, which you did bring forth according to the declaration of the angel Gabriel to you, and my father has sent me for the salvation of the world.” (AraIn. 1:2-3)
Jesus is shown here telling his mother that he was Jesus her son whom she gave birth to according to the news that she received from Gabriel. But Mary already knew this, so there was no reason for him to say it! The miracle is poorly weaved into the fabric of the story. This is another example of a miracle that the apocryphal writer, or his source, was aware of but did not know correctly its context so the report is poorly integrated into the story. It is a contextual displacement. The Injil, which God revealed to Jesus, is certain to have included a lot of details about Jesus’ life and miracles. The miracle of speaking in the cradle to defend his mother was one of them.
There are many differences between the Qur’an and Jewish and Christian sources, including the Old and New Testaments, that can be convincingly explained as contextual displacements in these sources.

06:18 AM Oct 20 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

@LEAF:

The 'New Testament' is a Christian text.

I don't believe in those.

I'm talking about the Torah.

03:24 PM Oct 20 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

but I"m still wondering about who don't follow Noaf laws according to your faith, and will happen to them ?

The final decision is up to Gd. But idol worshippers and polytheists have no place in the world to come according to most interpretations.

I think in Torah, Noah was not considered as a prophet or messanger of God, and I heard that he was brinking wine and he Cursed one of his grand sons who has not born yet.

Noah is of course of great importance. He (he was not Jewish as Jews didn't exist back then) was chosen as the only righteous person left on earth and given the chance to live, along with his family.

It can of course be added that the people that married into his family or were 'adopted' were probably included. But this is beside the point.

He had 3 sons, one of which was called Shem, from which the peoples of the Middle East are descended ('Semites').  

you consider it as weakness, to go in hell, but for us, it's considered as a promise from allah to people who don't believe in God and Islam.

That's not very 'merciful', now is it?

As I've already said, this implies that even the most righteous non-Muslims are all in hell: Mother Theresa, Ghandhi…

All because they weren't Muslims. 

As I said, believe what you want, nomatter how nonsensical it is.

03:31 PM Oct 20 2009 |