Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

are u for or against the freedom of women???

buterfly22

Germany

as a woman i like to be free to do all things that i want without being punished, tunisia is suche an exmple of giving the women all their rights. and i proud to be tunisian 

09:56 PM Jan 11 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

good for you, buterfly. I agree that everyone should have the sme levels of freedom regardless of their sex.

found this:

Tunisia as an Arab Women's Rights Leader (Part II) 
By Andrea Barron | Thursday, July 12, 2007 

Tunisia continues to set the bar for Arab women's rights in the 21st century, legalizing abortion and actively combatting domestic violence. As Andrea Barron explains, for anyone who wants to see a renaissance in the Arab world, the remarkable progress of Tunisian women is a success story they cannot afford to ignore.

http://www.theglobalist.com/storyid.aspx?StoryId=6306 

10:07 PM Jan 11 2010 |

Tsaokuohua

China

Thank you tell me these, but the Tunisia is very famous in the world.

05:04 AM Jan 12 2010 |

Tsaokuohua

China

Your Tunisia is the Tunisia of Italy,yes or no?

The women right and the people right ,that is the Europe is better than the Asia, and the Asia is better than the Africa……

05:18 AM Jan 12 2010 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

Absolute freedom, no.. Restricted freedom, yes..

11:14 AM Jan 12 2010 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I think you're correct. Tunisia seems to be on top of other Arab nations but still below Europe or some of the Americas. Lets hope they continue to progress.

10:16 PM Jan 12 2010 |

moon_light_2008

Saudi Arabia

i don't really get it ! same rights ! freedome ! i just don't get it .. are they (women) equal to men or what ! what do they want exactly! and then again if a girl slaps me in street then i slap back, you would blame me !!! ohh sorry i thought of freedome and equality lool .. i thought she is equal :D looool

12:19 AM Jan 13 2010 |

NAJLA

NAJLA

Saudi Arabia

For me too,it's weird to have women rights or women freedom :S

There should be human rights ,human freedome only

not that woman a creature from another planet and should be protected from evil men Foot in mouth

03:44 AM Jan 13 2010 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

"Restricted freedom? meaning what?"—Dancin4108

It will be one helluva world if everybody gets to do what he wishes to do unmindful of other peoples' rights..

04:06 AM Jan 13 2010 |

gkisseberth

Germany

freedom comes with responsibility, too, and freedom does not include the freedom to infringe on other peoples' rights and freedoms. 

04:34 AM Jan 13 2010 |

flora123

flora123

China

Women wil never to be the dominant in this society.sometimes Even if we hav kinds of rights in the society, bt we hav to listen to our husband in the family. The most important reason is that we r not independent on our economic  capacity, special in Arabic world.As a woman, if we wanna get more rights and freedom, we should make an effort on our life rather than just gettin husband or men's"almsgivin". i think women need to be more independent,then we can get what we want.

04:56 AM Jan 13 2010 |