Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Obama prods Europeans to accept Turkey as member

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

09 July 2010 | 08:14 | FOCUS News Agency Home / Southeast Europe and Balkans Ankara. US President Barack Obama has made a cautious appeal to the European Union to accept Turkey as a member, warning that Turkey could end up seeking alliances outside the West if the European Union keeps it dangling over its bid for membership, the online edition of Turkish Zaman daily reports.
“Although we are not EU members, we have said as a matter of opinion that we think it would be wise for the EU to accept Turkey,” Obama said in an interview with Italian newspaper Corriera della Sera, published on Thursday. US calls in support of Turkish membership in the EU have always rattled European leaders, who tend to see it as an intrusion in the European decision-making process. Heeding the sensitivity of the matter, US leaders have largely promoted Turkish membership through silence diplomacy.

12:52 PM Jul 10 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

To be honest, Turkey wouldnt get any advantage if it joins EU. We should unite with the Turkic folks in Asia.

12:53 PM Jul 10 2010 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

Who cares what Obama can say? Is he an European?

09:08 PM Jul 10 2010 |

JusTurK_TR

JusTurK_TR

Turkey

Turan? this dream looks very fetching and charismatic of course..but is it possible in the current conditions? -No..before the fratricidal quarrel finishes, very definitely NO

Allah(cc) Müslüman Türk'ü korusun . . .Amin

09:41 PM Jul 10 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

Who cares what Obama can say? Is he an European?

Are you a European?

09:45 AM Jul 11 2010 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

Yes I am. I'm a Spanish citizen because of my ancestry

04:20 PM Jul 11 2010 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

One of my grandparents was an Armenian, but the rest were/are Spanish and others

07:16 PM Jul 12 2010 |

JusTurK_TR

JusTurK_TR

Turkey

faker santiago..how are the girls in latin america? Cool

07:34 PM Jul 12 2010 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

I dont need to lie. Read something about Uruguayan demographies and you will learn that from 88 to 94% of Uruguayans are of European origins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Uruguay

And here I talked about my origins 

http://www.englishbaby.com/blog/Santiago/view_entry/39651 

07:44 PM Jul 12 2010 |