Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do u believe in miracles?

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

What do u think about the power of our mind??

Do u think it is possible to reach more than just physical benefits?? 

How far can we reach through using our mind??

08:00 PM Oct 14 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lolita_lempicka

Yemen

actually our mind is a teriffic miracle os ya i do blieve on my mind means i blieve on miracles too .. and  what you expect  you have it .

06:22 AM Oct 17 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

I AM ALIVE AND I AM A NORMAL PERSON (OR SORT OF..LOL) 

sameolddani:

mmmmmmmmmm, no commets (lol).

and  what you expect  you have it .

lolita_lempicka:

I agree, our mind is very powerful, see this news:

"With the power of the mind, researchers manage to reverse paralysis in monkeys, making a bridge from the brain to muscle"

Thursday October 16, 2008 | Published in print

LONDRES (New Scientist).–

The people paralyzed by nerve damage may someday help brain implants able to search and detect the activity of a single neuron.

In an experiment in monkeys that had been temporarily paralyzed with anesthetic, these implants restored muscle control.

A spinal cord trauma or stroke can cause paralysis by blocking signals from the motor cortex to the muscles they control.

Despite the trauma, motor neurons are active, and experiments in monkeys showed that it is possible to decode the signals generated by a bunch of neurons and use them to control computer cursors and robotic arms.

Unfortunately, the algorithms required to decode and development have required considerable computing power.

Now physiologist Chet Moritz and colleagues at the National Center for Primate Research in Seattle developed a technique that could allow people to regain control of its own members, without the need for complex decoding algorithms. El trabajo se publica en la edición electrónica de la revista Nature (DOI: 10.1038/nature07418). The work is published in the online edition of the journal Nature (DOI: 10.1038/nature07418).

The idea was to tap individual motor cortex neurons, rather than groups, and send control signals directly to muscles.

To test this idea, two macaques were implanted 12 electrodes of 50 microns thick that they could move independently.

Then anesthetized the nerves controlling the movements of his wrists and sent signals to electrodes attached directly to the muscles. Despite the nerve block, the monkeys were able to tighten these muscles when trying to reach a tasty reward.

"These results are the first demonstration that artificial connections between cortical cells and muscles can compensate for interrupted physiological functions and restore control of paralyzed limbs, they say, Chet Moritz and colleagues in Nature. Future developments in this strategy of direct control can lead to implantable devices that help restore the deliberate movements in individuals who suffer paralysis. "

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1059696

03:07 PM Oct 17 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

imaginer:

Im glad u like this topic, thx 4 commenting  here, I know I can learn from all ppl, and Im doing, specially about the topic of angels…, I liked also the saying: "Thinking for 1 hour  is greater than worshiping God for 70 years and has great reward in heaven", really, no dobut, our mind takes extremely important part in human's life. 

Btw. great example u gave about EdisonSmile

03:14 PM Oct 17 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

some are beatiful,some are so scary like those two angels who will come to you and ask you some questions after our death…there is an angels who's name is Izrail,his task is to seperate soul from our body in our death time,he has 4,000 wings and  he is one of archangels(Jibril, Mikal,Israfil,Izrail )

imaginer:

ask me after death??,

his task is to separate soul from body in death time??

4,000 wings??

omg!Surprised

I feel fearFrown

01:35 AM Oct 18 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

how r u Basma??!

So nice I found u here my dear, thank u very much 4 commenting and 4 ur important info.

I understood now dear, about angels, I know by now that God honored so much the human beingSurprised

And also i understand that some angels r better than some bad human being.

I understand they had been done to obey God and to serve him, but….,I wonder if they can think?

I know they dont have body, as well no brain, but, do they have free will??

ohhh sorry to all my friends, i am going out of the topic, but, this is very interesting 4 me, believe me!...., mmmmmm, Maybe we should open a new forum called "Everything about angels"Laughinghehehehe.

ooh and about the video: I dunno dear, who is talking, just I feel like that in my heart when u talk to me, so i sent to u, im glad u liked itSmile

01:58 AM Oct 18 2010 |

lolita_lempicka

Yemen

oh thanx for such information and the benfitable web, i saw years ago the documentary movie "the secert" and sinces then i strated to move up my mind to have all the miracles that i expect ..advise you all see it or there's a book by the same title the "secert of life" its gonna change your thinking directly to a postive way ..thanx 

07:32 AM Oct 18 2010 |

ashrafkutb

Jordan

miracles happen with human like Prophets Mohamed and  other Prophets 

but some humans have ability  in there mind by training to use there mind better than others

05:41 PM Oct 18 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

lolita_lempicka:

Yes, i watched this movie too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=san61qTwWsU

..and I like it soooo much!!Laughing

07:30 PM Oct 18 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

Im fine thx! Yup,Im here coz it's so hard to find u on msn :D:D So I had to come here to talk to u!!

yes, usually im hidden in msn "unavailable" coz at job is forbidden to chat, sorry Frown

u shouldn't think so much abt such things which need more than our  brains ability,coz we just know abt them,wat Allah has told us in his Book,n believe in them as they're…

woow! yes I think u r right…., some things r more than our brains.

I hope to find u soon, if u can't contact me trhough msn, lets keep in contact by e mail, plsssssssssssSmile

07:34 PM Oct 18 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

but some humans have ability  in there mind by training to use there mind better than others

ashrafkutb:

Yes, I agree, mmmm.,

perhaps it may be 4 inheritance, or perhaps its just coz of luck…., I dunno

07:40 PM Oct 18 2010 |