Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Liars

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Hello, dear Ebabians.

You know, being here more than two years, during this time I have to decline the most amount of friend requests. I don’t need thousand friends, ‘cause they are NOT friends at all mostly as well…

But I am talking about another thing. The majourity of men sending me requests are from Turkey and many of them conseal it, saying in their profiles that they’re from United States or United Kingdom. Laughing

Hey, naive guys, don’t you know that you easy impersonate yourself with special printing which there are no such keyboards in English speaking countries. Pay attention on letter “i” Cool

And, moreover this, why do you think I will accept you if you’re allegedly or really from England or USA?..... LOL

10:41 AM Aug 20 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

nawfer

nawfer

Israel

thank u Eleniya for this topic but I want just to say that turkish men are very warms nd gentle, may be u hav less than five request from they.. dont forget ur topic titles ‘liars’
Cr!stal u ar very funnnnyyyy ??’’’””
I agrree with u saif

05:06 PM Aug 20 2011 |

Rockyy01

Rockyy01

Pakistan

Hey My Dear Eleniya…
You’re right…
Thanx for informing others about it…
I’ve also seen some people who are not from the country that they mention…
May they get some sense in their acts…
Take Care…
Stay Blessed…

06:41 PM Aug 20 2011 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Thank you all for your comments. :)

Sveta and Cris, I totally agree with you.

saif-alkin

I think so, too :)

nawfer

I agree. I have friends from Turkey. They are very smart and polite.

But I get about 15 requests a day. Every day. And some of them are liars. ;)

07:33 AM Aug 21 2011 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Rocky, thanks a lot for your answer.

I just wanted to share this with you all…

Ryo, thank you, too :)

07:34 AM Aug 21 2011 |

Monique Fernandes

Brazil

I still remember when I discovered it :) It’s was in 2007. I was chatting with someone from “Denmark” and then I realized he wrote some words with that “i” without a dot. Then I asked him “Excuse me, where are you really from?” and he said “From Denmark”, and then I asked him “Are you in Denmark right now?” and he said “Yes, I am.” and then I asked “So why are you writing with those i’s without dots?” and he said “I don’t know, I’m in grandma’s house”. u.u

09:53 PM Aug 21 2011 |

nawfer

nawfer

Israel

i mean what i right here :
http://www.englishbaby.com/forum/LifeTalk/thread/464557-who-is-next

11:47 PM Aug 21 2011 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Thanks, Monique Smile

I don’t know why they lie about their countries…

05:51 AM Aug 22 2011 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

nawfer,

I don’t wanna interfere in muslim-jewish conflict, I don’t like politics and religious argument which are endless and lead to nothing but new conflicts….

05:55 AM Aug 22 2011 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

:D A nice pic, Sveta! Let me think a little…  haha..Laughing

I noticed when I posted my own photos on my avatar, requesting men attacked me more than if I post just avatars from the Net.

Well, but my subject is not about all this shit, but about why men lie about their countries (where they are from)

09:13 AM Aug 22 2011 |