Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

do you believe in love at first sight??

funny_shadow

Morocco

maybe it's true,i'm in love but not from the first sight!! many sights if ou want Wink

11:19 PM Sep 22 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

FishA

Russian Federation

No!!!! How you can fall in love with first sight if you don't even know who he is! Honestly i don't think that i believe in love at all!

11:30 AM Apr 15 2008 |

2008hua

2008hua

New Zealand

Yeah, I believe love in the first sight. Some people are just meant to be together. 

11:50 AM Apr 15 2008 |

Jenns

Jenns

Canada

Not for myself, personally. I find intellect attractive and it's hard to gauge that at first glance. :)

03:47 AM Aug 06 2008 |

elva20082008

China

I believe that, but it won't last for a long time

04:45 AM Aug 06 2008 |

alican1640

alican1640

Turkey

no. because we love gloss but we don't recognize her/him character.

07:52 AM Aug 06 2008 |

alicexiao85

China

Maybe sometimes  it's true. But I don't believe that people fall  in love at first sight.

08:23 AM Aug 06 2008 |

ashger

Saudi Arabia

i dont think that coz thats mean every time you see  person you will fall in love

it's comes like that  ! firest sight you will find your self attractive to him then need  to talk to him the third time you will  tell him about your self and he do too> and you now  the rest

bye bye bye bye bye bye  

09:41 AM Aug 18 2008 |

Roadlamp

Roadlamp

South Korea

it's because people have tendency to love a person who have a good appearance

But we don't love him or her because of their superficial appearances.

Think about it

what makes you feel happy when you are with your lover?

The feeling of joy comes from inner beauty

What is essential is invisible to the eyes

So it's not a simple problem to deal with finding someone you can devote the whole of yourself but still it's worth it

09:52 AM Aug 18 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

The meaning  of word 'love'goes on changing for whole of the life,it changes out of our understanding, out of our experience.

What we need is to keep our eye & mind open to see & understand it. the meanings of word love can't be searched in dictionary,we have to search & write it upon our soul.

As we see sky & earth meeting just a km away & we reach there & erath & sky's meeting moves further away, in the same way we see the meaning of word 'love' away,because we can't imagine that sky & earth are meeting here too just behind our foot there is earth & above is sky , just touching here.but we don't have eye to feel. 

10:45 AM Aug 18 2008 |

Wisces

Wisces

Viet Nam

No.You don't love her/him for real person who she/he is

01:11 PM Aug 18 2008 |