Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why am I Muslim ? ... Why am not I Muslim ?

alshehri2005

Saudi Arabia

many people want to know …why are not u Muslim? or why are u Muslim ?

Plz. respect all of religions ….

Regards

12:23 AM Oct 19 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lips

lips

Malaysia

You must learn from Malaysian society which is multiracial and diverse in culture and various religious practices are being carried out together and we celebrate all the four festivals throughout the year by having public open houses and all the citizens of this land attend such functions.

No apartheid and no discrimination against women, and one of our most illustrious woman in power is Minister of Trade.  She is  Malaysia's pride and she used to be an economics lecturer and one of the first few Malay educated woman around.

Usually, what you see is the culture of the Arab land that suppresses women from doing things.  Look at other Muslim nations in the East.  Do you think that their women cannot work, cannot drive a car and cannot have their say…

If not, someone like me will not stay in employment for quite a long time and free to go about my life as I pleased. I'm glad that I'm living in a society that I feel comfortable with.  My family, friends and peers do support me a lot and that has made me what I am today, an educator.

Islam is islam but don't mix up with the culture. If you are a Chinese Muslim, then you'll still be living the Chinese way, eating with chopsticks and reading in Mandarin or local dialects.

Maybe sensitive issues like this should not be discussed on englishbaby because religion is personal and family choice of an individual.

Wearing of hijab is also up to the individual and in Malaysia most people wear and there is no discrimination especially during religious gatherings or prayers' time.

Please my friends, give logical explanations so that Westerners can understand more easily and not confused them with your own culture.

I am proud to be Muslim too, but that is my personal wish and choice and nobody else has asked me to be one.  So leave it aside and talk about something else.

The world is a better place to live in because we are born different.

We have the good, the bad and the ugly…... 

05:53 PM Oct 20 2007 |

lind@

lind@

Algeria

Progression ;western world considers woman as a product no more…..

plz read redwana replies, they are very suitable to know more about USA and Europe that make u crazy….im sure that u'll change your Turkish g/f by one from USA…awful,isn't ? hehheh.for  u think that women expect muslim are happy,they have  total freedom,rights….etc.   come on baby.look at facts objectivly and don't choose only the points that serve ur …..thaught. Smile

02:01 AM Oct 21 2007 |

lind@

lind@

Algeria

Tongue out BE RESPECTFULE Tongue out PROGRESSIONTongue out

02:05 AM Oct 21 2007 |

lind@

lind@

Algeria

IM VERY GOOD AT  INSULTING BUT REALLY I CAN'T DO THAT HERE 4 I RESPECT PPLE AND THEIR THAUGHT.SO,MAY BE I'LL CONTACT U….hehehCool

02:08 AM Oct 21 2007 |

driving.pony

India

what we are talking relgion is not about existential.Existence created only human beings ….& we paint the in some colour before they get matured….we don't ask from child what he feels ….we don't seek his permission…...at least we should consider his opinion.

02:10 AM Oct 21 2007 |

James1

James1

United States

Lets just answer the question. Why am I not a muslim? Simply I'm a Christian who understand the truth of the living word that gives the true meaning of life. Who warned us that many false prophets will come out all over the world!  600 years after this was written came Muhammed who preached another gospel! You know what I'm sayin? There have been a warning for the believers in Christ,before Mohammed was born, more than 5 centuries past, that many will come out who will preach the other gospel. I'll tell you an anology if you can't understand what i'm saying if you'll just ask me.;)

08:17 AM Oct 21 2007 |

infent

infent

China

i  wanna  to  be  a  Muslim.because,i  ofen  feel   unhappy   as   no  have   aim   from   life.i  want   that    something  can   help  me   to   regard   my  self

12:41 PM Oct 21 2007 |

HAPPYPRINCE

India

Dear James1 and all my dear friends,It is a sin, it is crime to give wrong information about any religion. You must seek knowledge through authentic sources. As our friends have indulged in a hot debate about Islam, women’s rights in Islam and prophed Muhammead (pbh: May peace be upon him) for the sake of correct knowledge below I am copying an article by Dr. Zakir Naik, who is an authority on major religions. You may visit his site: http://www.irf.net/irf/main.htm  to seek further knowledge on all religions.  

Christianity is a Semitic religion, which claims to have nearly 1.2 billion adherents all over the world. Christianity owes its name to Jesus Christ (peace be on him). The Holy Bible is the sacred scripture of the Christians:

The Bible is divided into two parts, the Old Testament and the New Testament. The Old Testament is the Holy Scripture of the Jews and contains records of all the prophets of the Jews that came before Jesus (pbuh).

The New Testament contains records of the life of Jesus (pbuh).

The complete Bible, i.e. the Old Testament and the New Testament put together, contains 73 books. However, the Protestant Bible i.e. the King James Version, contains only 66 books as they consider 7 books of the Old Testament to be apocrypha, i.e. of doubtful authority.

Therefore, the Old Testament of the Catholics, contains 46 books and that of the Protestants, 39 books. However the New Testament of both these sects contains 27 books.

PROPHET MUHAMMAD (pbuh) IN THE BIBLE
by Dr. Zakir Naik

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the Old Testament:

The Qur’an mentions in Surah Al-Araf chapter 7 verse 157:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) in the law and the Gospel".

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) in the law and the Gospel".

Almighty God speaks to Moses in Book of Deuteronomy chapter 18 verse 18:

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and     he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

The Christians say that this prophecy refers to Jesus (pbuh) because Jesus (pbuh) was like Moses (pbuh). Moses   (pbuh) was a Jew, as well as Jesus (pbuh) was a Jew. Moses (pbuh) was a Prophet and Jesus (pbuh) was also a Prophet.

If these two are the only criteria for this prophecy to be fulfilled, then all the Prophets of the Bible who came after
Moses (pbuh) such as Solomon, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Malachi, John the Baptist, etc. (pbut) will  
fulfill this prophecy since all were Jews as well as prophets.

However, it is Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who is like Moses (pbuh):

Both had a father and a mother, while Jesus (pbuh) was born miraculously without any male intervention.

Mathew 1:18 and Luke 1:35 and also Al-Qur'an 3:42-47]

Both were married and had children. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not marry nor had children.

Both died natural deaths. Jesus (pbuh) has been raised up alive. (4:157-158)

Muhammad (pbuh) is from among the brethren of Moses (pbuh). Arabs are brethren of Jews. Abraham (pbuh) had two sons: Ishmail and Isaac (pbut). The Arabs are the descendants of Ishmail (pbuh) and the Jews are the descendants of Isaac (pbuh).

Words in the mouth:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was unlettered and whatever revelations he received from Almighty God he repeated them verbatim.

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." [Deuteronomy 18:18]

Both besides being Prophets were also kings i.e. they could inflict capital punishment. Jesus (pbuh) said,     "My kingdom is not of this world." (John 18:36).

Both were accepted as Prophets by their people in their lifetime but Jesus (pbuh) was rejected by his
people. John chapter 1 verse 11 states, "He came unto his own, but his own received him not."

Both brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not bring   any new laws. (Mathew 5:17-18).

It is Mentioned in the book of Deuteronomy chapter 18:19

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not harken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will     require it of him."

Muhammad (pbuh) is prophesised in the book of Isaiah:

It is mentioned in the book of Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12:

"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."

When Archangel Gabrail commanded Muhammad (pbuh) by saying Iqra – "Read", he replied, "I am not learned".

prophet Muhammad (pbuh) mentioned by name in the old testament:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad     
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad     (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet      present.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the New Testament:

Al-Qur'an Chapter 61 Verse 6:

"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said, 'O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.' But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, 'This is evident sorcery!' "

All the prophecies mentioned in the Old Testament regarding Muhammad (pbuh) besides applying to the Jews also hold good for the Christians.

John chapter 14 verse 16:

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which 
proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the
Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English      translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.  
Paracletos
is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and    again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet    
Muhammad (pbuh).

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is 
come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he     speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

The Sprit of Truth, spoken about in this prophecy referes to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from the King James Version.

04:02 PM Oct 21 2007 |

alshehri2005

Saudi Arabia

Plz. respect all of religions ….

Regards

05:23 AM Oct 22 2007 |

Lenaaa

Lenaaa

Russian Federation

I’m Russian Christian and my husband is Lebanese Muslim. I have such rights as my husband does. Women of his family cover their heads and wear long clothes because THEY want this. They can wear whatever they want and do whatever they want. Nobody will tell them a word. And they love me as I am, wearing short skirts or T-shirts. As for those countries where women don’t have rights, so that’s more culture than religion. Those people interpret Islam in wrong way.

11:02 AM Oct 22 2007 |