Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what is wealth for you?

arishok86

Russian Federation

What is "wealth" for you? Do you think you are wealthy?

p.s. would you please also write your name and your age

09:57 AM Dec 09 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

nita_sao

Thailand

" Wealth" , if you would like to know its meaning , let me look it up in my holy oxford dictionary.

So here it is ; "Wealth" means ;

1) a large amount ofmoney , property , etc. that a person or country owns

2) a state of being rich

If you prefer to know its details , turn the 1351th page , please :P

Well , from the meaning describing on that page , i think everybody is wealthy as long as s/he belngs something.But if you ask " how much" do they belong? Yes , that's the point!

Honestly , i can't response the topic your raised :P Woooo :P So why am i disturbing you here ? Nooo , i am not , actually , i am using my head.

So "to be wealth or not" , in my view , is just you have enough to buy anything anytime you want and you will not have troubles after that.

Perhaps , i am wrong but my last word is MONEY IS NOT AN ANSWER OF EVERYTHING - I am speaking to " happiness".

Love,

Nittaya , 22 , a casual worker :)

Ps. I am not wealthy.

05:40 PM Dec 09 2007 |

sweet10hearts

Philippines

I agree with you shadoww…wealthy does not mean only with plenty of money or being rich. Wealthy is also being healthy…coz you can easily acquired money if you are healthy coz you are fit to work.  And having true friends just like what you have said is also a wealth. True friends will always be there for you no matter what. And of course you are wealthy if you have knowledge…good heart…good character…coz that will never be taken from you…thats true wealth..

Nancy, 48 years old. 

01:57 AM Dec 10 2007 |