Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

Sweet November (again)

mameow

mameow

Thailand

My previous message was cut off…network problem I think.

I meant to say more about Sweet November that you wouldn’t miss anything if you left it on a video shelf. Despite of the two good-looking actor and actress, the movie sucked.

I kinda had a similar experience about movies on a plane. The flight I was on showed ‘Unbreakable’ (Bruce Willis, Samuel Jackson). It was terrible! Has anyone seen that movie? The story was so pointless and boring. It was about this guy who was the only survivor from a train crash without any injuries and he later discovered that he was immortal or something like that. It was the worst movie I’ve seen this year!

Mameow

10:26 AM Jul 20 2001 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mameow

mameow

Thailand

Nedra,
It’s usual that someone really loves one movie while the other hates it. I knew ‘Unbreakable’ had something to do with heroes in comics. All I understood was that Samuel L. Jackson’s character, who was so fragile since his birth, tried to convince Bruce Willis that he might be born to rescue and protect people (like Samuel) from criminals (and probably other bad things that could happen), as he got that gift from God(his immortality). There might be something deeper and meaningful hidden in the story but I just didn’t realize that.

I’d love to hear about the parts you liked and how you interpreted them. Maybe that will help me understand the movie better and look at it in another perspective.

I’ve seen ‘The Sixth Sense’ several times and I liked it a lot. I love that kind of stuff, you know, ghosts, mysteries, supernatural senses, etc. Actually, if you know any good ghost movies, please let me know. I’ve been looking for them but it seems like nothing scares me much anymore.

Later,
Mameow

10:10 AM Jul 21 2001 |

mameow

mameow

Thailand

Hi Nedra:)
That kind of happened to me too that the movie ended when I thought it shouldn’t have. I felt like I was left so confused so maybe that’s another reason why I thought it wasn’t good.

I’ve seen both ‘The blair witch project’ and ‘What lies beneath’, twice. They were both scary, especially the latter one. I love horror movies that are not so gross (movie like Hannibal is not my preference). My dad always tells me that ‘The Exorcist’ is the scariest movie. I think so far the movie that can thrill me the most is ‘Friday the 13th’. I remember watching it alone at 1 in the morning!! In Thailand, we have a few shows on TV that produce ghost stories from facts (mostly people send letters telling about their own experiences and the shows pick some to make short movies). Are there any this kind of programs in the US? I’ve seen a few on cable like ‘Fact or Fiction’ and some other shows that go to haunted places and try to prove whether there’s really something unusual there.

Have a great day! See ya!
Mameow

01:10 AM Jul 24 2001 |