Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Ask Ebaby! Teachers Go Super!

Corrections

cmartinez2@gmail.com

Spain

I would like to know if you anwer and correct student's posts. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! ;)

03:24 AM May 28 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Hi there… I don't correct posts, but if a member has a question, I am happy to answer it in this forum!

Hope to hear more from you soon. Smile

Amy

09:49 PM May 29 2009 |

cmartinez2@gmail.com

Spain

Hi Amy,

I wonder if these sentences are correct and if I am using well the following phrasal verbs. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Best! Cristina

Because phrasal verbs are so difficult for me, I am always  stricking to my dictionary to check new words and their meanings. In addition, to remember them, I follow the advice of one of my former English teachers. He recommended to me to stick on the desk one post-it with the new word and the meaning. I have stuck with this method since then, and it works for me. If you want, you can stick up this method! I hope that it works for you too! ;) 

12:13 AM May 30 2009 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Hi, Cristina. All the sentences make sense except for this one "If you want, you can stick up this method." I think you mean "you can steal this method." However, it doesn't work to use "stick up" in this context.

"Stick up" means rob. We stick up the person or place we are stealing something from. For example, we stick up a bank or a shop. We do not stick up the thing we are stealing. We do not stick up money or goods.

Hope that's clear!

AmySmile

06:27 PM Jun 01 2009 |