Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Ask Ebaby! Teachers Go Super!

Clothing

np36Super Member!

Thailand

Hello,

May I ask about clothing?

1. What is the difference between a suit and a tuccido?

2. What do you call the clothing men wear which has 2 stripes pulling the pants, and the stripes are up to the shoulder? Sometimes a baby wear it, the pants and the upper part are on the same piece. I wish you understand my descriptionSmile Thank you very much.

12:43 AM Aug 24 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Hi! Great questions. A suit is a jacket and pants usually worn with a button-up shirt and tie. A tuxedo is more formal. It is worn with a bow tie and the cut of the jacket is slightly different from a normal suit.

I think, for your second question, you are either thinking of overalls (usually made of jean material, like what a farmer wears) or suspenders (what a man sometimes wears to hold up his pants). Does either of these sound like the thing you're trying to describe?

AmySmile

11:47 PM Aug 24 2010 |

np36Super Member!

Thailand

Thank you very much. So they are what I meant. When you told me "overalls" and "suspenders", I just googled and type these 2 keywords, and they are exactly what I would like to know. Thank you again.

05:01 AM Aug 26 2010 |