Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Ask Ebaby! Teachers Go Super!

what is the best and fastest way to??!

itachisharengan

Jordan

What is the best and fastest way to master English language????? 

08:06 AM Dec 01 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Practice! Practice, reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Try to find some friends to form an English conversation group with. Read books or magazines in English. Complete the lessons on EBaby. If you can, travel to an English-speaking country and practice speaking when you’re there. Practice is really the way to go!

Best,

Amy

12:13 AM Dec 03 2012 |

itachisharengan

Jordan

But what about passive listening????? is it helpful?? 

05:26 PM Dec 04 2012 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Sure, passive listening can be helpful. But I think it’s good also to do the other things I mentioned, so that when you are listening the words and sentence structure will “stick.”

01:16 AM Dec 05 2012 |

itachisharengan

Jordan

I’m gonna use a lot of methods and approaches to master English as soon as possible, and study more than 7 hours a day.

I wanna ask you about the American R, would you give me some tips and tricks to master it?!!

thank you!!!!!

07:09 PM Dec 17 2012 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Great.

Just so I understand-are you talking about pronunciation of the “R”?

-Amy

05:21 AM Dec 18 2012 |

itachisharengan

Jordan

yes

06:32 PM Dec 18 2012 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. First of all, I’ll say that understanding and communicating in English is more important, and will help you more in the long run, than perfecting your accent.

That said, we do have some resources within the site that might help you. The main thing that I can suggest is that you listen to vocabulary that contains an “R,” and practice speaking it back. For example, the lesson “Life of Pi,” from a few days ago, contains vocabulary  “bestseller,” “shipwreck,” “stranded,” and “fall short.” If you listen to these words and speak them out loud repeatedly, that should help your pronunciation.

Good luck!

—Amy

02:54 PM Dec 21 2012 |

itachisharengan

Jordan

thank you so much 

07:16 PM Dec 22 2012 |