Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Teacher Talk

How do you assess a person's level of English?

sammy33

United States

Hi!

I agreed to tutor a friend English, but I'm really not sure where to begin. I need to know his level of English to have a starting point. Can someone recommend a good assessment tool?

Thank you!!

06:05 PM Jul 13 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mazin moon

Iraq

hello, ask about parts of speech and tenses.

07:47 PM Jul 31 2009 |

adamsoney

adamsoney

Kuwait

hello well wise its very simple to discover that,who knows how to speak english has the ability to speak fast,more vocubulary….

also you will find him using all the grammar while he is talking,his talk sound to be clear no hesitation,different words for one meaning and so on…....english is spoken languge the more you talk ,the more you will be able to express your self in it..the more you read the more you will be able to catch new words,the more you listen the more you will be to understand it….

thank you all

03:09 PM Aug 03 2009 |

adamsoney

adamsoney

Kuwait

really you are hundred  percent right….

its very clever way to figure out person's cabability…..

it was so nice reading what you have wrote dear

03:11 PM Aug 03 2009 |

nosu90

El Salvador

try to use the groupwork.  Place talented students with students in need.  Ask them to complete a hard task, no graded activity.  This will help for them to interact with others in the class, create new friendship webs in the classroom and also balance learning as well.  Tell me how it works after all.!!!

Blessings,

04:18 AM Aug 04 2009 |

nosu90

El Salvador

try to use the groupwork.  Place talented students with students in need.  Ask them to complete a hard task, no graded activity.  This will help for them to interact with others in the class, create new friendship webs in the classroom and also balance learning as well.  Tell me how it works after all.!!!

Blessings,

04:18 AM Aug 04 2009 |

fionalee

fionalee

United Kingdom

Excellent guide line. Sammy if u see that learners has many mistakes in grammer. Get JUNIOR ENGLISH BY HYDEN for primary level.

04:56 AM Aug 04 2009 |

garua

garua

Ecuador

Thanks…...... for your advices I will put them in pratice…..

05:56 PM Aug 05 2009 |

123hammer

United States

“Advertising has an “agenda setting function” which is the ability, with huge sums of money, to put consumption as the only wireless internet item on the agenda. In the battle for a share of the public conscience this amounts to non-treatment (ignorance) of whatever is not commercial and whatever is not advertised for. Advertising should be reflection of society norms and give clear picture of target market. Spheres without commerce and vps hosting advertising serving the muses and relaxation remain without respect.[neutrality is disputed] With increasing force advertising makes itself comfortable in the private sphere so that the voice of commerce becomes the dominant way of expression in society.”[66] Advertising critics see advertising as the leading light in register domain our culture. Sut Jhally and James Twitchell go beyond considering advertising as kind of religion and that advertising even replaces religion as a key institution.[67] "Corporate advertising (or is it commercial media?) is the largest single psychological project ever undertaken by the human race. Yet for all of that, its impact on us remains unknown and largely ignored. When I think of dedicated server the media’s influence over years, over decades, I think of those brainwashing experiments conducted by Dr. Ewen Cameron in a Montreal psychiatric hospital in the 1950s (see MKULTRA). The

07:08 AM Jan 18 2010 |

khaye-cee

khaye-cee

Philippines

hi sammy im interested to be your  student please help me i want to learn english perfectly

05:45 AM Jan 31 2010 |