Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

I want to make new friends

joy-joy

joy-joy

Thailand

Hello everyone my name is Joy. I am a Thai national but I am now living in England with my English husband. We have no children but I love shopping, cooking, spending time with my friends, etc. I want to make friends who want to practise English the same as I do. I have an English husband but in my opinion it is better not just learn how to speak English but also to learn about other cultures, languages and make new friends. I hope to hear from you soon.

Bye for now.

12:33 AM Dec 26 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

alghafri

alghafri

Oman

hiii map iwant to be u're friend if posible    add me to u're msn send me u're mail account

10:04 PM Jan 01 2008 |

jmi3i

Morocco

i am from morroco i am looking for sombody talking english  touch me english because  not very speaking englich

10:09 PM Jan 01 2008 |

dhaumya

India

Hello, how would you like to learn English. The first method is in these sentences as they are in correct English. Wecan be friends here at this site if you wish so!

01:16 AM Jan 02 2008 |

shuet

shuet

Malaysia

hi Joy!!!

how are u? i'm shuet from M'sia. i want to make friends with everybody.so if you want i hope we could best regards..hope to hear from u soon..

04:10 AM Jan 02 2008 |

xucyuan

China

Hello Joy-Joy:

It's nice to have a chance to write to you and be friends with you. I'm a Chinese gentleman named Sam Xu, I work as a translator in Beijing Office of an American law firm in China. I feel the most cordial with Thai people, as I used to work and live in Bangkok for more than three years in late 80s last century. During that period I went to many scenic spot for fun, such as Ayutthaya, Don Meung (ancient city), Crocodile Farm and Rose Garden, etc.; just to name a few.

I can understand very well even if you have no language barrier, you will still run into cultural differences, and even conflicts, in a foreign country, whose culture and tradition are entire different from that of your mother country. It takes a lot of time to get used to it. And I wish you and your family are happy.

Sam 

07:08 AM Jan 02 2008 |

bestlydia

bestlydia

China

Dear Joy,

I seeing your reply feel very happy every time.

When i was young,i also don't know importance of learn English.

But,Olympic Games will hold in China peking(my city).There have many foreigers now.I havn't courage to meet them.Because my English is very very poor.And i have had one of the Olympics volunteers of 2008 Olympic game.If my English too bad,i can't help others.

I also hope that i can meet other people.I can find many friends.

I will have a holiday after two weeks.I think that i will have many time to learn English.And i can often come here.I really very very happy.o(_)o

I wish happy everyday to you and your husband!

Bye.

Lydia

10:05 AM Jan 02 2008 |

joy-joy

joy-joy

Thailand

Dear Lydia,

It is very nice to receive your message again and I hope you enjoy reading my message as well.

I do understand what you feel about wanting to learn English, which is perhaps because you are one of the volunteers for the Olympic Games 2008. I think this is a good opportunity for you to make friends and practise your English. I have heard about the Olympic Games that will be held in China this year but I do not know when they would start. 

I do love sports very much particularly the athletics but I have never done any exercise during my life.  It is funny because I used to fail physical education nearly every term when I was a child at school. I went to watch athletics in a stadium here some time in the past when I had the chance to go and I enjoyed it very much.  I watch it on the television if I can not be there and I think it is good in a way because the sport commentator gives some knowledge of each kind of sport to us. The difference between being in the stadium and watching on the television is that being in the stadium is far more exciting. You will know the feeling when the Olympic Games start. Are you one of the volunteers that have to spend most of the time in the stadium?  You could tell me about what you feel when you are there.

It is about 13.00pm in England, I am going to have some lunch shortly and I hope you are well. 

Joy

01:07 PM Jan 02 2008 |

joy-joy

joy-joy

Thailand

Hello Sam, 

Thank you very much for your reply. You have said some nice things about Thai people and have visited many ancient cities in Thailand.

I am very pleased to hear that you also used to work in Thailand as well and you perhaps got to know some Thai people while you working there.  Actually, I have never been to some of the places that you have been to but I hope to have an opportunity to visit one day. 

I quite upset when people get completely the wrong idea about Thailand.  Many people come to visit my country who not just want to visit some nice and beautiful places and rich cultures but they visit my country for other reasons as well. This is perhaps because Thai people are very friendly and give a warm welcome to all types of tourists. I do understand that because about ten million people all over the world visit Thailand each year and many of them might be going to the wrong places and could perhaps see some terrible things.

Thailand has developed a lot in the last twenty years, the same as China but I am aware that most development in China much faster compared to Thailand.   

My brother in law is Chinese and was born in Hong Kong but he is now living and working in Bangkok, Thailand and has been for more then ten years. He speaks Thai very well, nearly as well as Thai people. He loves Thailand and he wants to spend the rest of his life in my country. 

Have you ever been to America before? I ask that because you are working with an American company as a translator. Do you like to travel to visit other countries? It would be nice if you could tell me about your experiences about the countries you have visited in the past. 

I hope you and everyone in your family are well and I hope to hear from you soon. 

Joy.

03:30 PM Jan 02 2008 |

elenalllll@yahoo.com

Russian Federation

Dear Joy,

Many thanks for your message! Really the weather in Moscow is little bit colder than
Warwickshire (10-12 degrees below zero). Moscow is very beautiful town! Tomorrow I will meet with my friends in the centre of Moscow and I’m going to make some photos, some landscapes. If you want I can send you them by e-mail and you will get you own opinion about Moscow.

Nice to meet you!
Bye!

06:25 PM Jan 02 2008 |

xucyuan

China

Dear Joy:

Thank you for your message. Since I came back to China more than 10 years ago, I spent most of my career time working with foreign companies in Beijing, so I have some opportunities to visit some European countries and America, often acting as an organizer and/or interpreter for the commercial or business tours with the delegates interested in buying equipment from the company I represented. It's perhaps a bit odd, I led the Chinese industrial visitors on tours to almost all European continental countries, short of Britain, although I hope to be there, as I know there are a lot for me to see and to think, too in Britain.

Maybe you can imagine, my time in Thailand is my career with the regional organization of the United Nations, named the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, locally known as Sakhapratchatchart, not far from the parliament building to one end and the Victory Monument to another direction.I always think that my life in Bangkok is the most comfortable and pleasant time in my life. I have a number of good friends, those with or without Chinese ancestry alike. One very good friend, a young girl named Rapeepan, meaning lotus, often joined me on my tours to many tourist spots in and around Grungthep Mahanakhon, and beyond, I even drove to places as far as Pattaya and Sathahip with her. That friendship is memorable and unforgettable.

My job as a simultaneous interpreter with the United Nations also sent me to a number of Asian and Pacific countries like Bangladesh, Indonesia, Tonga and Nauru. I like to meet people of different cultures and races with diversified backgrounds. Although they may appear with different looks and colors, I found all people on the earth share some common points, among them: For men, all men want to have a good woman as wife and live together happily; for women, all women want to be married to a trustworthy man with love and care, and above all, with a sense of responsibility.

It's too long an article for you to read, I'm afraid, so I have to stop here and leave some account for next message.

Bye,

Sam

02:24 AM Jan 03 2008 |