Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

I want to make new friends

joy-joy

joy-joy

Thailand

Hello everyone my name is Joy. I am a Thai national but I am now living in England with my English husband. We have no children but I love shopping, cooking, spending time with my friends, etc. I want to make friends who want to practise English the same as I do. I have an English husband but in my opinion it is better not just learn how to speak English but also to learn about other cultures, languages and make new friends. I hope to hear from you soon.

Bye for now.

12:33 AM Dec 26 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

joy-joy

joy-joy

Thailand

Dear bestlydia,

Thank you very much for your reply, you are the first person who respond to my messags that  I have sent to many of our friends in this web site and I am actually a woman not a man.  I have introduced myself to all the friends that I want to make friends and learn more not  just English but it would be nice if I could learn more  about the cultures and get to know people from other countries. 

Anyway , it is nearly 7 pm on New Year Eve here and it is about another 5 hours to go to the New Year , but I think it is  already a New Year in China that because the time is differnt between China and England and I wish you and your family a very special happiness all year through, HAPPY NEW YEAR

I hope you are well and hope to hear from you soon.

Bye for now.

Joy

07:06 PM Dec 31 2007 |

bestlydia

bestlydia

China

Dear Joy,

Thanks for your bennediction.

And i wish HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your husband,too.

Then,i am so sorry.I know that you are a women but i just write wrong.Sorry!

I am very happy,i am the first who reply you.

I like to be there also not just learn English.I like to make friends.Perhaps i have no time and money to make a tour of the world now.But i hope my friends can spread all over the world.

I am really happy to meet you.Can we become friends if you suffer from my bed English?

Give my best wishes for you.

Bye.

Lydia

04:45 AM Jan 01 2008 |

bqh

bqh

China

hi

i also agree your opinion.so i want to be friend with you.

i have sent apply .pls promise me.

05:36 AM Jan 01 2008 |

msm132013

China

hi! I am not good at communication in the real world,espicially to the opposite sex.  so I want to make more friends in the Internet,my name is Jerry.my msn is : u for adding me if u want to .

12:59 PM Jan 01 2008 |

joy-joy

joy-joy

Thailand

Hello Lydia,

Thank you for your reply to my message. You say some nice things and thank you. I do not mind you make mistake about my gender.

I learn English as a child when I was in Thailand and I not realise how important it is until I met my husband. I need to communicate with people now I am in England and so I need to improve. I found a college course in the next town and I go two days a week on Monday and Wednesday and I have lots of friends from many different countries. I have to take exams at the end of each term to test my standards.

How did you decide to learn English and what do you feel about learning English? Are there any foreigners in your area who speak English?

The Internet is a good place to meet people and make friends. You do not need to travel the world. I could be one of your friends on the Internet and you could make even more friends this way.

I hope to hear from you soon when you have time.

Joy

02:08 PM Jan 01 2008 |

daniel32

Slovakia

hi my name is daniel and I  come from slovakia I lern english one year . can someone write meIm32.

06:30 PM Jan 01 2008 |

alghafri

alghafri

Oman

I'm alone now also I'm anew baby and need for friends quicklyCry

08:28 PM Jan 01 2008 |

alghafri

alghafri

Oman

hi daniel iwant to be your friendSmile

08:38 PM Jan 01 2008 |

Mab

Nicaragua

Hi, my Name is Marco A. Bordas, i´m from Nicaragua, I work for and international Company ITG, that belongs to American people, I trying to improve my english and meet new friends

09:12 PM Jan 01 2008 |

Mab

Nicaragua

Hi there!!!

I´m Marco A. Bordas, I´m from Nicaragua, and want to my friends too and improve my english. I´m very friendly, maybe we can be friends 

09:17 PM Jan 01 2008 |