Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

I want to make new friends

joy-joy

joy-joy

Thailand

Hello everyone my name is Joy. I am a Thai national but I am now living in England with my English husband. We have no children but I love shopping, cooking, spending time with my friends, etc. I want to make friends who want to practise English the same as I do. I have an English husband but in my opinion it is better not just learn how to speak English but also to learn about other cultures, languages and make new friends. I hope to hear from you soon.

Bye for now.

12:33 AM Dec 26 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

joy-joy

joy-joy

Thailand

Hi Jekiyu,

Thank you for your messages and yes, I do interested in Chinese culture , people food and etc. I love Chinese food very much and I think Chinese food are very delicious , I mean having a nice smell and pleasant  taste, but I have to be careful not to eat too much otherwise I might getting fatter.     I did not know how to cook until I move to England that because I was very busied working 8 hours a day / 5 days a week and one other thing that my mum prefers to cook for us.

I am very interested in Chinese culture it would be nice if you could tell me more about that. I am actually Thai-Chinese that because my grandmother was Chinese and had migrated from China to Thailand many years ago but I can not speak any Chinese and having very little knowledge about China . My grandmother was died when my dad was very young and we were growing up and learning Thai culture more than Chinese culture.

By the way your English is good too and I hope to hare from you soon .

Buy for now.

Joy

08:11 PM Dec 30 2007 |

bestlydia

bestlydia

China

Hello,joy-joy,nice to meet you!

I come from  Chinese peking,is already one of the Olympics volunteers of 2008 Olympic game in peking now.So i want to learn english.

Welcome to beautiful Beijing.

08:38 PM Dec 30 2007 |

joy-joy

joy-joy

Thailand

Hello Zszd,

Thankyou for your messags and I think this is a good idea for you to learn English by making friends not  just  learning  from the text books. Hope you are well and hope to hare from you soon.

Joy.

08:57 PM Dec 30 2007 |

joy-joy

joy-joy

Thailand

Dear Zhouzhiyi0620

Thank you for your message and I do understand that why you getting bord when you were at the classroom , it is the same as me when I was a student . I have realized that English is very important for me when I applying for the jobs. I speak Englisn when I was working because my company owner were foreigners and they can not speak Thai.

When I move to England I was very keen to improve my Enlish and I got a job , I was a shop asistant and working in a greengrocery shop . I met  lots of people and I think I was a good idea to improve my English by talking with other people not just only my husband. I working in that shop about 1 year than I have to spand more time looking after my mother in law she is 96 years of age, she very weak and needing someone to be with her most of the times.

I hope you are well and everyone in your family are ok and hope to hear from you soon.

Joy. 

09:47 PM Dec 30 2007 |

ahamado

Egypt

hi . i hope we become  friends . my name is ahamado from egypt . me too want to improve my english because it's importance in the life.i hope we help each other.

09:47 PM Dec 30 2007 |

joy-joy

joy-joy

Thailand

To jx,

Thank you for your message and I think you have a lot more time than me to improve your English that because you are a student and studying in the middle school. In my opinion I thing that the more younger you are the more faster you learn compare to adult.

Nice to meet you here and hope are well.

Bye.

09:57 PM Dec 30 2007 |

joy-joy

joy-joy

Thailand

Dear Elena,

Thanks for your message and I am sorry that I have not got ICQ . I have a lot of the interesting about England to tell you but overall , England is a very nice country to live in and the  people are very friendly. The weather a little cold at the moment ( about 1-5 degrees)  but not cold as Russia am I right?

I live in Kenilworth which is a small and quiet but lovely town in Warwickshire District it just about 1.30 hours from London by car or train. I get on with my neighbors very well but I have a few friends here.

How about things in Russia, if would be nice to know about  Russia because I have small knowledge of your country.

Nice to meet you.

Bye.

10:14 PM Dec 30 2007 |

joy-joy

joy-joy

Thailand

Dear bestlydia,

Thank you for your message and nice to meet you too. I have heard about the Olympics Game in Peking China and I very want to go to visit China one day if I have a chance. One of my sister just came back from China about a few weeks ago but I can not remember where she went but she told me it was very cold and snowing while she was there and she enjoyed it very much.

I hope you are well and hope to hare from you soon.

Joy

10:28 PM Dec 30 2007 |

stalinusha

India

he frinds

07:43 AM Dec 31 2007 |

bestlydia

bestlydia

China

joy,i look that you give reply of all friends.i am really very touch.i can saw that you are a man of pure-hearted.

Thanks your reply

08:57 AM Dec 31 2007 |