简体
Breakfast
早餐

Learn the Simple Present Tense

Date: Apr 18 2012

Themes: Food

Grammar: Simple Present Tense

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

Go Super to Listen Go Super!

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

In the US, we like to say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But maybe that’s just because we have such tasty breakfast foods. On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a big plate of pancakes, or bacon and eggs. And don’t forget a bottomless cup of coffee to wash it all down! Most Americans have a light breakfast during the week. Cereal, oatmeal, or yogurt and fruit are all popular options. Find out what Jason and Amy like to eat for breakfast.

在美国,我们喜欢将早餐视为一天中最重要的一餐。但也许那只是因为我们有太多好吃的早餐食品。在一个周末的早晨,没有什么可以比一大盘薄饼,或熏肉和鸡蛋更好的了。别忘了来一杯免费续杯的咖啡,使食物容易下咽!大部分美国人在一周内会吃更为清淡的早餐。谷类、燕麦片或酸奶和水果都广受欢迎。找出詹森和艾米喜欢吃什么早餐。

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Jason

Jason

Amy

Amy

Jason:  When I wake up, I just don’t want to eat food.

Amy:  Yeah, I know what you mean. I sometimes need to have a cup of coffee before I get my day going and actually eat breakfast. But every once in a while it can be fun to just have a big breakfast, like bacon and eggs and all that.

Jason:  Oh yeah. I’ve got nothing against breakfast foods.

Amy:  It’s just when you eat them.

Jason:  Yeah. The earlier it is in the day, like the earlier I had to get up that day, the less I want to eat.

Amy:  Hmmm. How long after you wake up do you usually eat breakfast?

Jason:  Well, it’s like I usually want to eat around 10 o’clock regardless of when I got up, if I got up at 5am or 9:30. But breakfast food is awesome. I had bacon for dinner last night.

Amy:  Well, it’s fun to have breakfast for dinner sometimes. But what’s your typical breakfast?

Jason:  It depends on what I have going that day. If I’m going to do some exercise, I’ll do, like, a protein shake and some cereal. Something kind of light but nutritious. But if I’m gonna relax, I love to do the eggs and hash browns, sort of a traditional lumberjack breakfast.

Grammar Point

Go Super to learn "Simple Present Tense" from this lesson Go Super!

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Jason says that he doesn’t feel like eating anything when he first wakes up. He likes to wait until around 10 o’clock before having breakfast.

Often, Jason has a light breakfast of cereal and a protein shake. But on special days when he can relax in the morning, he enjoys a big breakfast with eggs and hash browns.

Amy enjoys a big breakfast sometimes, too. She really likes breakfast foods like bacon and eggs. Sometimes, she and Jason even like having breakfast foods for dinner.

What do you usually eat for breakfast? What time do you eat breakfast? Do you ever eat breakfast foods for dinner?

Comments

ryanman

Nigeria

eat dem white bois fa breakfeast

03:36 PM Jan 14 2013 |

✰Nikki✰

✰Nikki✰

United States

I just had to have the heart-attack-inducing Hobbit Slam at Denny’s today.

What a rounding off after last night’s quite beautiful film. 

04:03 PM Jan 13 2013 |

Nina_Smith

Nina_Smith

Australia

breakfast is very very important

you should eat breakfast because it’s very good for your body.

09:17 AM Sep 19 2012 |

yaner xu

yaner xu

China

we always say  An hour in the morning is worth two in the evening,so I think breakfast is very important. usually i eat eggs, milk, bread and so on.i ate fried food sometimes before,but now i m not ,it was unhealth,good food can make a good body,right?Smile

05:50 AM Aug 31 2012 |

princessanika

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

i think inmany countries breakfast is very important and i think eats at 8:00_9:00 or 10:00.but i never eat breakfast i hate breakfastMoney mouth

11:09 AM Aug 30 2012 |

SuzySDA

Germany

I live in a house with several people of whom I meet some for breakfast during the week in our café. So on those days I eat oatmeal with honey for breakfast. I don’t take milk, just water. At the weekends I eat alone in my room. On Sabbath I have a banana or another fruit for breakfast before I go to church. I sometimes eat scrumbled eggs for dinner but I don’t eat bacon because it’s pork.

07:02 PM May 04 2012 |

htetagphyo

htetagphyo

Myanmar

i am having my breakfast at 10:00am ,probably a cup of coffee and some slice of baked bread, eggs fried. Sometime a cup of milk with cake.

04:46 PM May 04 2012 |

kane charles

China

yogurt and bread

06:14 AM May 04 2012 |

kane charles

China

yogurt and bread

06:14 AM May 04 2012 |

mymonix

Italy

Hi all.

here it’s my favourite breakfast (usually around 8.00 am):

a big glass of fresh orange juice

one slice of baked brown bread with apricot jam (homemade)

a cup of fresh natural yoghurt

an espresso coffee

.................... and I start my work day.

enjoy you meal :-)

05:42 PM Apr 30 2012 |

Johara

Johara

Bolivia

We have breakfast at 7:00 am,there are many kind of food that we cant eat for the breakfast for example:

1. Cuñape

2. masaco

3. rosca

4. sonso

5. pan de arroz

6. salteñas

you can eat those with some of coffee or tea or juice it depends on you,Actually i `ve already eaten my breakfast

12:10 PM Apr 30 2012 |

Boyu Duan

China

in my country,breakfast always contains doujiang youtiao and xiancai.It is delecious.Welcom to China!Cool

11:15 AM Apr 24 2012 |

Andie7

Andie7

Colombia

Yeah, I sometimes eat breakfast foods like bacon or bread or eggs for dinner. Depending on what I’m going to do, I usually have breakfast early, for example at 6:00am or sometimes at 8:30 or 9:00am..

11:14 PM Apr 23 2012 |

Crizsearch

Crizsearch

Indonesia

I am used to eat a lot at night , during study I always feel hungry and sleepy at the same time so I ought to eat something and have a cup of coffee, probably because my night time meals which make me unable to eat breakfast in early morning, I usually got up early  to catch up my lessons and have no time for breakfast or actually I have no appetite / not even feeling hungry yet, I start my day with a cup of coffee and eat my breakfast about 11, or sometimes I skip it. 

I think I feel that I don’t eat my meal regularly, hemmm so strange, I only eat whenever I’m feeling hungry. Though I love to eat at night or sometimes in the middle of the night. But you know , it doesn’t put on my weight. Embarassed

01:49 PM Apr 21 2012 |

Quynh Mai

Quynh Mai

Viet Nam

I honestly can’t understand how a lot of people could skip breakfast. It is, after all, the most important meal of the day, and skipping breakfast never feels good – the lack of energy will make you feel tired and groggy all morning long. I always need at least a bowl of noodles to trudge to school.

La Princesse de la vie

Egypt

I agree with Candy. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Some days I don’t eat lunch or dinner, but breakfast for me is a basic meal, especially I’m a sports girl and breakfast is imporatant for me every morning after doing sport, running or walking or doing some exercises. My breakfast is conventional, it can be any kind of dairy, cheese, a cup of milk or yogurt with boiled eggs and a cup of any kind of caffeine . My dinner can be the same with a cup of any kind of juices, but mostly I don’t have my dinner to have light sleep Laughing, but lunch is always different and various, it’s another matter Wink

08:11 PM Apr 20 2012 |

h.nastaran

h.nastaran

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I think I shoud eat breakfast, because you need the first energy for doing well. so its not depend on time of wake up, your relish or etc,I think

every day I eat sweet tea with native or factorial cheese or sometimes egg wich baked in the water or jam & butter or kale pache or etc. kale pache is an Iranian breakfast & if you want to tast it you should wake at 5 o’clock. it is so deliciouse.. I suggest you.

12:28 PM Apr 20 2012 |

CatcheR

CatcheR

Iceland

I don’t like to eat breakfast, I think I probably have no more appetite to it anymore. I feel foods taste the same. Usually I eat my breakfast during break after class about 11 am and I can eat my lunch around 3 or 4 pm, I think it’s quite strange but yep I do that everyday. At night I seldom eat but I have a lot snacks in hands heheheheg hhhhh :D

02:57 AM Apr 20 2012 |

1 person likes this

voinea gabriel

Romania

usually i like to eat egss and milk in the morning

09:47 PM Apr 19 2012 |

shookiba

Israel

you dont care about the trees?if someone killing a tree he trrying to kill me.horrobole planet.

human being are bad animal.i wish that we all ded

02:11 PM Apr 19 2012 |

Likes (38):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog: