简体
The Avengers
《复仇者联盟》

Learn the Simple Future Tense

Date: Jun 18 2021

Themes: Pop Culture

Grammar: Simple Future Tense

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

Go Super to Listen Go Super!

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

The mother of all Marvel superhero movies is here. Thor, Captain America, Hulk and Iron Man have all had their own successful movies. Now they are all teamed up for one giant blockbuster that tells the story of how these superheroes came to be so super.
Not only is The Avengers full of colorful characters, it is directed by Joss Whedon who is famous for TV series like Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Naturally, the critics love it. Find out if Jason and Marni do too.

它集 Marvel 公司所有超级英雄电影的大成于一身。雷神、美国队长、绿巨人和钢铁侠都参演过大获成功的电影。现在他们云集一起,合作出演这部巨型大片,讲述了这些超级英雄如何表现非凡。
《复仇者联盟》(The Avengers) 不仅塑造了各种充满传奇色彩的人物角色,它还由乔斯·韦登 (Joss Whedon) 执导,他在拍摄电视剧《吸血鬼猎人巴菲》 (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) 便名噪一时。难怪挑剔的评论家也喜欢这部电影。看看詹森和玛尼是否也喜欢。

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Jason

Jason

Marni

Marni

Jason:  Every summer, these big blockbusters come out, and I get really excited. Like, I totally buy into the trailers. And then I’m usually let down. It’s just not…the writing isn’t that good. It doesn’t deliver. But this summer, I really think The Avengers is gonna be great.

Marni:  Really?

Jason:  Yeah.

Marni:  Well, I’m glad you’re so optimistic.

Jason:  Well, for one thing, almost all of the critics agree that it is great. It’s gotten rave reviews. Pretty amazing cast, Robert Downey, Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson. And it’s the origin story of this team of superheroes. That kind of stuff, it’s hard to miss.

Marni:  Well, it’s kind of interesting because the Iron Man series has done really well, but the other two films that they brought out, Thor and Captain America, neither of those did really well. It’ll be kind of interesting to see how they bring it together.

Grammar Point

Go Super to learn "Simple Future Tense" from this lesson Go Super!

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Jason is excited to see The Avengers. He usually feels disappointed by big summer blockbusters. But The Avengers has gotten great reviews from all the critics.

Jason says that The Avengers has a great cast. It tells the origin story of a team of superheroes. There have been several other movies about the same characters, and they have gotten mixed reviews. But this movie brings all our favorite superheroes together. Jason says it’s hard to miss with that kind of thing.

Do you like superhero movies? Who is your favorite superhero? Are you going to watch any summer blockbusters this summer?

Comments

my english love

China

oh,my god, i make it all wrong . so , what should i do . i am so sad .

03:04 PM Nov 22 2012 |

ErinDong

ErinDong

United States

i looooooooooooove the avengers! my favorite character is iron man

10:13 PM Jun 26 2012 |

Zizouzie

Zizouzie

Indonesia

Absolutely the avenger is great movie that ever seen. And I buy into Marni. I think the avenger wroth it is gotten rave reviews.
In the movie there is funny scene, thriller, and part of humanity.
And honestly I will be waiting for the sequel of the avenger, you know the mother marvel have many superhero haven’t comes out.

09:41 AM Jun 10 2012 |

quick to pardon

Mali

I totlly agree with marni

03:56 PM Jun 04 2012 |

tadah

tadah

Japan

I agree with Marni. Iron Man and the sequel are popular in my country but other movies aren’t.

01:12 PM Jun 03 2012 |

zarin.setare

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

i like superheroes movies.my favorite super hero is spiderman.i like to watch summerblockbusters.

09:03 AM Jun 03 2012 |

Zambuka

Zambuka

United States

“the film that everyone should see” as they say.. i’m not in the “already seen” team yet) but soon, i guess, the accession will happen.. even though i’m not that much into superhero stories. and i agree with Jason, blockbusters dont really deliver. let’s see what this one has in stock

03:49 AM Jun 03 2012 |

Wiky_XD

Wiky_XD

Colombia

I wasched “the Avenger” and I can to tell ‘this is the best movie I can see’

01:11 AM Jun 03 2012 |

abdelhafidi

Algeria

I’m not excited by this kind of movies. but after this lesson, I’m anxious to wach ‘The Avengers’.

10:50 PM Jun 02 2012 |

ale_serrat

ale_serrat

Brazil

I agree with you iron guy, and I think that this is a very good movie! I recomend it.

09:59 PM Jun 02 2012 |

Irene Forever

Ukraine

I don’t like superhero movies. In fact I never watch them. I tried doing it, but  it’s too boring for me. I remember one hero named Batman only because many boys wore T-shorts with that name. I like watching movies with deep sense, romantic, historical, those which make me ponder and feel.  Sometimes I watch comedies, but I don’t like stupid humor. Humor must be fine. Otherwise I will not laugh.:)

09:59 PM Jun 02 2012 |

pegvak

hi

im so happy and learned alot

09:17 PM Jun 02 2012 |

thripura

India

it was rocking simply

01:26 PM Jun 02 2012 |

iron guy

iron guy

Hong Kong

i know some people always say that they prefer something so called real,, but i wanna ask ‘how to define reality?’ many things what you see might not be the truth. As for the truth you are not fortunate enough to see…

06:59 AM Jun 02 2012 |

dearpesar

dearpesar

uhmmmm. short lesson here !Sealed

01:59 AM Jun 02 2012 |

nada kurmeno

Sudan

the ideas of superheros and ather since fictoin movies is to make pepol imagin what would life be if they realy exsisted because deep dowan we all looking for a superhero to save us from all kind of problems in real life soo its kind of symbolic thing to the need for e very strong and effective kind of a help …thats what i think

11:30 PM Jun 01 2012 |

dentina

dentina

Poland

Films with superhero are not my favourite. I don’t know why but mostly I conect it with science fiction or action films where play unreal person or stranger form outer space. Moreover there is only main hero and other actors are not important. I prefer films where I can think about next scene, I can cry because it sad, I can think after the end.

10:31 PM Jun 01 2012 |

I M P E R I V M

United States

oh no! another generic holliwood style movie!

06:35 PM Jun 01 2012 |

i love life

Palestinian Territory, Occupied

I Have some heros in my life , some of them are wonderful , I didn’t take anyone of them as like a good example in my like , we are talking about The Avengers .

If I want to choosing  I will select tom cruze , He’s an amazing artist ,His performance very perfect , I don’t like anyone reflect about himself In wrong way , If you have a good confidence in yourself you should Prove to everyone your skills deserving to watch  like others .

I’m familair on watch some an specific movies I prefer watch an horor movies, I’m looking to try watch more movies later , But I don’t have free time to do that . 

04:57 PM Jun 01 2012 |

Englishty

Englishty

Egypt

For me yes i love these movies and my favorite superhero is Hulk, i love him and actually what i love the most about this character is the idea of the love between beautiful woman and very strong and scary person, i loved the scenes in which he turns into this scary person and once he sees her he gets so soft and nice, i just love this movie.

04:25 PM Jun 01 2012 |

Likes (31):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast