Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

To, Too & Two

Because to, too, & two all sound the same, people often confuse them. Here are some examples of how to use these words correctly.

To is either used as part of an infinitive (to go, to sing, to do, etc.) or as a preposition (to the store, to Rome, etc.). We use infinitives after certain verbs such as love, like, want, or hate. For example, "I want to see a movie tonight," or, "I hate to study for math tests." We use to as a preposition when we are talking about where we are going. For instance, "She is going to a party this weekend," or, "Did you go to the bank today?"

Too is used to talk about the quantity of something (too much, too little, etc.). As an example, "Jeff can't go with us tonight. He has too much work to do!" In addition, we use too when we mean also. For example, "I like the band Coldplay, too!"

Two is used to talk about the number between one and three. For example, "I have two sisters," or, "There are two tickets left for the concert on Saturday."

To, Too & Two Lessons:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The Green Legend

Kabaddi

Pinterest

Knock One's Socks Off

Tomorrowland

Get Off One's Back

Boundaries

Dating

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Comments

Maumarsa

Mexico

Hi, im from mexico and i think that this 3 words To, Too, & Two are very important to us, because we can use them to different situations.

02:48 PM Sep 14 2022 |

MarcoFern

Mexico

Hi, im from mexico an i have several trubles and issues by diferencing the words To, Too, & Two so i visit this forum to have the necesary support, thanks everybody! :)

02:41 PM Sep 14 2022 |

1 person likes this

LilianaStephen

United Arab Emirates

Yes, confusion between the use of To, Too, and Two is common. Being a Private English Instructor working for a reputable maid hiring and visa agency in Dubai, I know the significance of English in the daily life here. We have maids and nannies from different countries, and they are not fluent in English in most cases.

10:09 AM Aug 24 2022 |

baran79

baran79

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I want to order a milkshake with a delicous pie,
Me too,
But sorry i dislike pie i wanna order two smal cakes,
It sounds great,
Thanks.

09:54 AM Jun 06 2015 |

1 person likes this

bernardo82