Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

beautiful - what it means?

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

pre made, myspace html, myspace com, my space

It is a very common word we use it in our daily life my question to all of you does its meaning is also common?

07:20 AM Jan 07 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

00mephisto11

Slovakia

I think that the sentence "you are beautiful" lost the real meaning … It is too ordinary now … It doesn't have the power like in the past Frown

05:03 PM Jan 07 2008 |

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

either beauty is those which is visible or those which by feeling soul / heart?

is beauty in the eye's of viewer or beautiful by thoughts? 

06:58 AM Jan 08 2008 |

liuquanfeifei

China

serval  days  ago,a  car   accident  happended  to   me …....my  face  got   hurt  and  there  would  be  a  scar  on   my  face  near  me  righteye….i  feel  so  upset…....to   every  girl,  a  beautiful  face  means  a  lot.    i  know  i  must  stay  in a  happy  mood.i   know  anybody  who really  cares or  loves  me   willnot  care  too  much  about  it,  but  my  heart  really  hurt…...

07:14 AM Jan 08 2008 |

FranCo

Pakistan

beautiful is one who make the positive expressions on others face like smile

07:22 AM Jan 08 2008 |

princeton_girl1010

Israel

i think we should use this word when we want to talk about a person who has a great soul and a real beautiful personality , sometimes we say : this girl\boy is BEAUTIFUL but we don't know how is she \ he from the inside " NOT EVERYTHING THAT SHINES IS GOLD "  i believe in this saying …!

back to ur question i don't think that it has the same meaning every thing has it's special beauty we can't compare between our faces or bodies beauty and between our personalities bueaty

08:10 PM Jan 09 2008 |

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

thnx princeton ,franco for ur comments and i do agree with both of you.

liuguan :- life is full with accidents, in which some left their symbols and some not so it is totally up to us how  we can over come from them. hope u understand this thing very well now but  if u beautiful by heart and ur soul then ur outer beauty is not mean for her.  when if she sincere with you. then.

11:05 AM Jan 10 2008 |

baluu9

baluu9

Germany

we feel beautiful for those things which we do not have

06:21 PM Jan 10 2008 |

FionaMak

FionaMak

China

It's generally believed that the flower is beautiful, but beauty itself is abstract. We don't have a standard to follow and decide which one is beautiful and which is not. In most cases, we just depend on our  first impression.

02:05 AM Jan 11 2008 |

Miyoko Huang

China

i think a person who is kind-hearted is the most beautiful one.

02:14 AM Jan 11 2008 |

Miyoko Huang

China

i think a person who is kind-hearted is the most beautiful .

02:16 AM Jan 11 2008 |