Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Obama wins..

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Are you happy with victory of Obama ?

05:07 PM Jun 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

It’d be better for her like that.I have no idea how’s public opinion about her after preliminary,but I hope she could make it for 2012.what do you think?

10:53 PM Jun 05 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

I feel that obama is very intelligent & smart ,he has the capacity to judge the mood & desires of amricians & in a democracy where public is the real leader & leader is the real follower,it's very important. 

12:24 AM Jun 06 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

She is not interested in party unity, in the good of the country or her state. She is only interested in obtaining power for herself. But then, so are most politicians. 

on this one I agree with Greg.

and please don't let McCain wins..if he wins it just like having another Bush rules the country. 

11:15 AM Jun 06 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

yes ,  I am satisfied until now  ,  I think Obama is better

hope nothing will change my opinion toward him . 

I want to say like jane  :

please don't let McCain wins..if he wins it just like having another Bush rules the country.

please  Sealed Cry

11:23 AM Jun 06 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

What we should wait and see is wether americans are ready to have a black president in the white house..(??)
peace =)

02:46 PM Jun 06 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Hilary Clinton has done a lot of damage to herself in the party. Will this effect her electability in New York? Probably not. 

03:01 PM Jun 06 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

The news said that health department is one big issue in this campaign,even all candidates i.e. mc cain,obama and hillary(before she then put out from the nomination)always campaign health assurance to attract the voters.is health services in america consider so bad that they need to promote it as their main programme on their future presidency policies?
Hillary 2012

07:14 PM Jun 06 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Mike… what Hillary does in 2012 depends on what happens in the next 4 years. If Obama loses, I think she will run again. She can feel vindicated in saying that the party made a mistake. But of course Obama could run again, too.

If Obama wins, I am not sure she would challenge him in 2012 unless he really tanks and either decides not to run again or she feels he is vulnerable. If things are going well, the party leaders would try to keep her out.

The quality of health care in the US is excellent. It's the costs that people worry about. The Democrats and some others feel that the best way to fix it is to get the government involved. I think too much government involvement is the problem and not the solution. It's one of those issues that affects a lot of people though, so anyone running for office will have to address it (or pander to whoever they want to court)

As far as Obama being smart, I can only point to the people he chooses to associate with (criminals, conspiracy theorists, racists, etc.) and the fact that his political maneuvers and pandering are pretty transparent. The man is running on a platform of "change" but he really brings nothing but old style politics to the table.

But that's just my opinion. 

08:13 PM Jun 06 2008 |

MarocLady

MarocLady

Germany

I am also for Obama, but i don´t think, that he will win…McKain will make it, although i´m totally against him..i hope i´m not right..

09:09 PM Jun 06 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Btw greg,do you as an american also think that gun is an essential thing for you?do you also will vote for a candidate who approve gun-ownership policy?
I think this policy came up as a result of lack of security assurance from the law enforcement.or in another word,I’m not really sure,it’s a contribution of bad quality of protection from the police..I don’t know if wether obama also against this issue or not,but I think he should against that according to his “change” champaign..

09:40 PM Jun 06 2008 |