Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

do you want to come Turkey?

lebron_119

lebron_119

Turkey

I want to see the people who will come Turkey

05:52 PM Aug 27 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

why not?!! i like to come and i wish i'll have the opportunity in the future.it's a nice country.

06:08 PM Aug 27 2008 |

austejaL

austejaL

Lithuania

Yes…I like turkey nature…But Turkey isn't real turkish peolpes..

I don't like turkish people…the are very impose….I don't like it…

07:21 PM Aug 27 2008 |

phamtran

phamtran

Viet Nam

tell me something about Turkey,please!

12:43 AM Aug 28 2008 |

sakuraqiti

sakuraqiti

China

of course i'd love to if i have enough money and time :)

tell us more about Turkey

12:58 AM Aug 28 2008 |

Keni

Keni

Azerbaijan

In fact, turkish aren't bad ppl. I have a lot of friends from Turkey. And why not? Yes, I want to go to Turkey.

05:20 AM Aug 28 2008 |

Rene820821

Rene820821

China

i know a little about turkey

but i know two things about turkey, the first one is that the  big piecese of roast meat is famous. the second is cheafer in turkey is usual, because guys always say "u are turkey", if u tell lies. of course, sommtimes, the sentence was used betweent friend, family and closed people as a joke

06:32 AM Aug 28 2008 |

kikam

kikam

Algeria

on which concerns me, i like the country with its beautiful landscapes,especially Istambul with its amazing architecture.

but i've one question: do tyrkish people feel inferior to europeans?try they to deny their connexion with Islam?

if i say so, it's because it's the impression i get on some turkish people i worked with.in fact, i worked for three years in a turkish company establisehed in Algeria,for three years..they did respect me and concidered me as a little sister ( i imposed my respect of course),but i noticed they were trying to immitate europeans and americans even in little details, they didn't seem to me to be muslims even they were pretending that..

any way,i know it's not the case of all turkish people (ihope so),but i want to know how other turkish (exept those i worked with)think.

do you,turkish people, feel muslim or other thing?

do feel tou belong to the muslim world or to the west.

are you proud of your history, the ottoman empire, or will you deny it as you denied your alphabets with attaturk and other issues too..

thanks to ask me honestly, i don't want to judge, i'm just curious..

08:00 AM Aug 28 2008 |

lebron_119

lebron_119

Turkey

Thanks.

Let's continue.

02:12 PM Aug 31 2008 |

lebron_119

lebron_119

Turkey

The traditional Turkish national sport has been the Yağlı güreş (Oiled Wrestling) since Ottoman times.[129] International wrestling styles governed by FILA such as Freestyle wrestling and Greco-Roman wrestling are also popular, with many European, World and Olympic championship titles won by Turkish wrestlers both individually and as a national team.[130] Another major sport in which the Turks have been internationally successful is weightlifting; as Turkish weightlifters, both male and female, have broken numerous world records and won several European

02:25 PM Aug 31 2008 |