Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why is Allah silent?

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Yesterday I was watching news on TV with my family, (father, mother, bro, and my little cousin_Fırat)

There were some pics and videos from Palestine, with full of dead ppl, broken houses, crying mothers, angry fathers, afraiding kids..

then my little cousin asked me > Who are they? Is there earthquick? How many ppl died?

I said > No honey, there is War in a country too far from here..And they are muslim too.

He said > they are muslim, and having a bad painingfull?

So Sibel, tell me Where is God! Why is Allah silent? Why Allah doesn't do anything to help them?

I couldn't reply him..And looked my father :)

Then my father answered him for me >> Ask your father, cuttie OK?

Cousin said > But my father doesn't know anything about Islam.. maybe he doesn't believe.

My father > Yeaa I know.. then that reason made me say you ''Ask your father'' He will give you the best answer!

__

:) I don't know if my little cousin asked his father (my uncle) or not… But i still wonder Why the Allah is silent!

Do u have any idea.. If yes, pls reply me.. :)

01:59 PM Jan 02 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

The Secret

The Secret

Brazil

may be there are another thing we don't know

11:38 PM Jan 13 2009 |

andilee

andilee

United Kingdom

Ah, then you only have faith. you can't just say "we don't understand so it must be god". Anyway, it's surely not possible to solve this here in a forum, you must discover it for yourself. As to that idea that 'the perfections come by themselves' the answer is that first, they are not perfect, there are a lot of useless things like appendix (vestigal organs), and it is not a random process, only beneficial traits survive – given enough time, things change. You only need to look at the difference between a pug and dalmation to see what genetic selection can do, in a very short amount of time, we have hundreds of breeds of dog. Anyway, I would recommend you to study and read evolutionary biology, because then you would understand the basic mistake in thinking it is about 'chance' or 'just happening', it isn't, but neither is it knowing design. 

And, you still have to tell me who created god, or i will just argue that it's easier to believe that the world 'just existed' as it didn't need to be created.

cheers

Andi

05:28 PM Jan 14 2009 |

M_honor

M_honor

Lebanon

Andilee I think you didn't understand what I wrote.

06:17 PM Jan 14 2009 |

ahmed omar

Algeria

don't still the miracle be the miracle.

change your life and be a good muslimes , when the devole tel jesus ( pease be open in him )  full from higt place and ask allah to save you , he tels him "allah  found me to test me ,no for  test him .

thanks

12:01 AM Jan 16 2009 |

narges

narges

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

to andilee :

Ah, you say, no one created him, he was just there… but there is no more 'logic' in that

Good! you said s.th that exactly i want to heard!

all atheists beleive that God did`nt created by oneself, we have our logic,too! be4 i say my proof,we have a problem here:

"And, you still have to tell me who created god, or i will just argue that it's easier to believe that the world 'just existed' as it didn't need to be created."

Does your logic accept that something(special this huge world) created by itself?!! if a logic accept this,it means it is`nt logic! it`s stubbornness! any logical person does`nt accept this! even now, when you see a shoeshop, you think these shoes made by themselves? if s.o heard that you beleive this laugh to you!

And i know the answer: who creats God? but be4 i moot my answer,i have a question from you! : What`s your definition of God? wheather this God (we speak about him) or other Gods some people beleive in, for example:God of water,God of sun,God of fire,... that who people beleive these almost 5000 years ago!

In many years ago,even be4 christ, almost 5000-7000 years ago, when a prophet wanted from people who beleive in several Gods be monotheist, they argued with prophets that our Gods are great,they give us everything we need, but it was a problem in their beleifs,their Gods were not complete, means each God could just do one task, and for other works,they need each other, while a logical definition of God is that God is perfect without any deficiency, because if God has deficiency, he is`nt God! he is created not creature,God does`nt generate nor was`nt generated, generation is just for creatures, and so many qualities that here is`nt a place & not enough time i say & also you do`nt beleive in God if i say these!

On the whole, you should answer my question i asked: what`s ur definition of God? plus give a logical reason about creat this world?

it`s not a logical reason that it creats by itself, anything does`nt creat in this way,can you say that a tree which is grown in your yard creat by itself? while you planted it by yourself?

Thnx a lot!

11:06 PM Jan 16 2009 |

andilee

andilee

United Kingdom

On the whole, you should answer my question i asked: what`s ur definition of God? plus give a logical reason about creat this world

Ok. To answer your questions, firstly, my definition of 'God' would be 'any supernatural force that exists independently of this universe, endowed with power which defies the natural laws of the universe'. However, my better, and more personal definition is 'a being used to explain our ignorance or lack of knowledge when we cannot explain something scientifically'. 

There are plenty of logical explanations about the existence of the universe, and not a single one of them requires the interference of any deity. I certainly don't mean to be insulting or belittle your belief, but the way that you have phrased your questions shows how little you have really thought about this subject, you've just accepted the religion of your birth, and all that goes with it, and will never accept that there could be anything different. However flawed or incomplete they may be, there are some very well founded (and well proven) scientific theories (and theory here means like music theory – a rigoruous scientifically defined set of principles, not something that is just an idea) about the formation of life on the planet. 

A shoe is clearly designed, in the way that an octopus is not. I have spent several years studying biology, physics and mathematics, so please, before you try to argue more on this with me, at least level the playing field by doing a little more research. I doubt they're available in your country, and I certainly don't want you to put yourself in danger, but I recommend both "A brief history of time" by Steven Hawking, and "The Blind Watchmaker" by Richard Dawkins, as excellent starting points. The first deals with the 'big bang' theory, the second with evolutionary biology, they are well written and easy enough for non scientists to understand

peace

Andi

05:10 AM Jan 17 2009 |

MONY----

MONY----

Egypt

please  'can I cry' tell your causin that martyres not dead but they're alive as Alla told us in the holy qur'an ,they alive with their pure bloods which will achieve victory and lift the spirit of reform of every muslim in the world…....

God isn't scilent but we have smaller vision than GOD THE

06:16 AM Jan 17 2009 |

LIFE2FAST

LIFE2FAST

Ukraine

‘a being used to explain our ignorance or lack of knowledge when we cannot explain something scientifically’- very precise defination, Andi, and a basic one.

09:42 AM Jan 17 2009 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

a being used to explain our ignorance or lack of knowledge when we cannot explain something scientifically

Lack of knowledge is the reason why science denies god. Excuse me, let me correct myself, not science but some scientists. If faithful person encounters a phenomenon he cannot explain he accept it as a god's act. If some scientists encounter a phenomenon they cannot explain they deny the very fact. If something don't fit in the theory it's easier to apply the blind eye to the fact and correct a little bit by using any constant. 

There are plenty of logical explanations about the existence of the universe, ...

Explanations cannot be various. The only explanation must be. 

scientific theories (and theory here means like music theory – a rigoruous scientifically defined set of principles, not something that is just an idea) about the formation of life on the planet.

The only theory must be. 

A plenty of explanations, a lot of theories it's all the lack of knowledge. Do you know the sense when you have learned something a little and you think that you know everything, but then, the more you study the more you understand you know nothing? So the level of our science is 'we have learned something a little'. 

04:59 PM Jan 17 2009 |

andilee

andilee

United Kingdom

If faithful person encounters a phenomenon he cannot explain he accept it as a god's act. If some scientists encounter a phenomenon they cannot explain they deny the very fact

Actually, that's not true at all. Real science is involved with investigations. If we encounter something we cannot explain, we try to find out how to explain it. That discovery might even show that our previous knowledge was wrong. In fact, this is the utter opposite of religion, where the fact is assumed without investigations, and any opposing voice is simply ignored. 

You're wrong about the explanations too, it's a different problem that you're discussing. Imagine that you were investigating a murder, and you found the victim, and you found the murder weapon, and you found the killer near the scene with the victims blood on his hands, but he wasn't wearing a shirt. Your argument is like saying, you can't prove he did it becasue you don't know what color his shirt was.

I do agree that the level of our scienceis that 'we have learned somthing a little', in fact, we have a lot left to learn, and we surely will discover new things, and new ideas about things, but that's nothing to do with belief, it's to do with investigating what we know is true now, and finding out more about it. 

I really wish that more people would really study science, after all, it's not god that has let you sit here and type this on your screen so that I can read it on the other side of the world, it's science. 

04:52 PM Jan 18 2009 |