Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why is Allah silent?

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Yesterday I was watching news on TV with my family, (father, mother, bro, and my little cousin_Fırat)

There were some pics and videos from Palestine, with full of dead ppl, broken houses, crying mothers, angry fathers, afraiding kids..

then my little cousin asked me > Who are they? Is there earthquick? How many ppl died?

I said > No honey, there is War in a country too far from here..And they are muslim too.

He said > they are muslim, and having a bad painingfull?

So Sibel, tell me Where is God! Why is Allah silent? Why Allah doesn't do anything to help them?

I couldn't reply him..And looked my father :)

Then my father answered him for me >> Ask your father, cuttie OK?

Cousin said > But my father doesn't know anything about Islam.. maybe he doesn't believe.

My father > Yeaa I know.. then that reason made me say you ''Ask your father'' He will give you the best answer!

__

:) I don't know if my little cousin asked his father (my uncle) or not… But i still wonder Why the Allah is silent!

Do u have any idea.. If yes, pls reply me.. :)

01:59 PM Jan 02 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

tomjan

tomjan

Poland

a rational person might consider the possibility that God/Allah does nothing because God/Allah does not exist.

Ehhh, these American teachers  from Colombia.

to start discussion without perfect background….

tom Wink

09:33 PM Jan 10 2009 |

him22

him22

Romania

nice words Andi. Maybe we make Allah be silent.

11:14 PM Jan 10 2009 |

narges

narges

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

To Javamanju:

If you read my last comment carefully, understand that: i did`nt say we have two God! i asked from KUKUKA & all atheists in here:

Who creats them?! ....the first question i can ask from this people if they can answer!

our Fathers and mothers did`nt creat us! they just bring us to this world! this is clear! and who creats us is God! & also it is`nt a magic if we want to deny God existence! So if we accept that God creats us, So God is existence! And when God creats us He did`nt release us in this world! if He wants to release us, we have dead till now! because of His guidance, we can live.Why He does`nt obliterate atheists persons? because they do`nt believe in Him! it could be His reason! Why He does`nt obliterate terrorists in the world? because they kill innocent people! it could be His reason! another point is the best characteristic we have that separate us from other creats is our

Choice Power!

we can choose our works!

So why He is silent now? because He gave us prophets! our prophets gave us their books and any other points not remained that He does`nt say!

So now it`s OUR duty to do these guidances! because we have intelligence and Choice power! therefore there is`nt any discussion now!

And also He does`nt interfere in our lives! instead : He helps us!

And about ur saying about our material or Adam & Eve`s material i have to say we made from soil not thin air!

Thx a lot!

10:57 PM Jan 11 2009 |

narges

narges

To xhisokax :

I read your comment about that you did`nt like to come to this world and you did`nt coose to come!

i sometimes think this,too coz i`m tired of living or some problems i have about other world, it means i believe other world but when i think about that " The Time" is meaningless in there,i become crazy,i ask from myself how many years i`ll be there? why we do`nt have any time? & why we wo`nt die after some years like this world? if we pass from these questions & comeback to ur words; i can say WE chose to come to this world, it`s not an accident,and it`s not force, we lived in other world be4 we came to this universe, i do`nt know it`s name in english, maybe they do`nt have this word in their language, but in Persian we say: "Donyaye Zar=Alame Zar"

we chose our religion!even chose our parents!

i say an example to you to understand what i say : sometimes it happens to you that some sences or some events in present time are so acquainted for you, you think you saw this sence be4! Is it happened to you ever?

The reality is these scences & events happened in that world and suddenly we remember it! we forget this world almost completely after we conferse in the first time, when we were baby!

on the whole i can say to you: You chose to come to this world by yourself Not others or God!

thx a lot!

10:58 PM Jan 11 2009 |

narges

narges

To dear Anahita :

salam, az inke commente mano khundi motshakkeram!

mikhastam begam ke in adamhayi ke inja hastan aslan e`eteghadi nadaran che berese be inke bekhad e`eteghadeshun sost beshe!

faghat mikhan bahs konan va chehreye ma irania va mosalmuna ro kharab konan!

bayad haleshuno gereft! :)

10:59 PM Jan 11 2009 |

anahita mass

narges jan!

in ham hagh batost… bazi moghe fekr mikonam che adamayi hastan kheili ajibe man migama khuda kheili maro doost dare ke ma mosallmoon hastim mage na?

01:27 PM Jan 12 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

@nargis,

I respect your thoughts, But I believe in Evolution. 

I made that statement because  according to some religions, Humans were created in form of God. so that implies god has to either create humans out of thin air by magic or classic reproduction(might be Asexual or sexual means or some means)

And also GOD could be "she", or "it" as well, and not just "he" l!!  :)

01:55 PM Jan 12 2009 |

andilee

andilee

United Kingdom

@ narges: The problem is one of infinite regression.
At some point every theist (someone who believes in a god) must ask the question that they ask of atheists. You don't believe that the universe 'just happened' or that evolution is the reason for life etc, because it's all to complex, so some amazing being must have created it all. Great, so there is this incredibly complex and amazing being, who must have to be even more complex and wonderful than the entire universe it created…but, ask yourself, where did this complex god arrive from. Ah, you say, no one created him, he was just there… but there is no more 'logic' in that than in saying that the universe 'just happened'. At some point, things have to start. Including universes, and deities. I find it easier to believe that the world as it exists today came about due to evolution, becasue I know that the odds when you have a hundred billion stars and several hundred billion planets around them are pretty high that life will start. Just like I can predict that someone today will cut himself on the left cheek while shaving, just below the nose, and about a centimeter away from the mouth. I can predict that becasue the chance may only be 1 in 6 billion, but there are 6 billion people out there, so it will happen to someone somewhere, at least once. The same with life, it's a small chance, but there's enough chances in the universe to make it possible – after all, we exist, so it had to have happened once! With god it's not like that, you have to claim that he could make this all happen, created from within himself (or herself, or itself) simply as an act of will, which requires an entity several times as complex as the universe. Your argument then has to be the same, if god is so infinitely marvelous and comples, there must have been an even greater god that created him…and so on. Eventualy, you realise it's not all that logical, and that there is no god, just a very improbable event that could only happen once in a hundred billion planets, once every thousand billion years, but it's enough of a chance to be probable.

05:42 PM Jan 12 2009 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

I think that our understanding of god is too literal and primitive. Both theists and atheists understand god now alike as a few thousands years ago. Humanity has to reconsider understanding of the god. We have to neither blindly believe nor stubbornly reject but merely reconsider. 

07:47 PM Jan 13 2009 |

M_honor

M_honor

Lebanon

@andilee

Great, so there is this incredibly complex and amazing being, who must have to be even more complex and wonderful than the entire universe it created…but, ask yourself, where did this complex god arrive from. Ah, you say, no one created him, he was just there… but there is no more 'logic' in that

The world is so beautiful, complex and so accurate. Every thing in its exact place, it's perfect!

When you say that those perfections come like that by itself doesn't make sense!

where did this complex god arrive from

Your question basically wrong! because if God has an ability to creat he couldn't be created. the designer's abilities always different from the design abilities.

Your question is like a puppet's question!! A puppet said if we move with strings by puppeteer then who moves puppeteer with strings?!! and If we told it that puppeteer is moving by himself it will say it's impossible!!

if you enter a room and there was a man sitting on the chair and a book on the table then you left the room for a minute and return again and you found the man lying on the ground and the book thrown on the ground…what your question will be?

who put the book on the ground or who put the man on the ground?!!

of caurse you will ask the first one cuz the man has an ability to move but book doesn't have one!

Do you think that Material has an ability to creat itself?! then evolved and designed all these perfection by chance?

Arostotle said: The chair comes from wood, wood comes from tree, tree comes from seed, seed comes from farmer then he forced to say it must leads us to origine doesn't have an originator.

finally we have to know that our brain is too limited to discuss about God's matters! and our whole life is just like a chapter in a novel.

10:59 PM Jan 13 2009 |