Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

SMILLING IS A CHARITY.....

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"Smiling in the face of your brother is charity,"Smile Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said in a hadith authenticated by Al-Albani. 

"Smiling in the face of your brother is charity and pouring out from your bucket into your brother's bucket is charity,"Smile Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) said in a hadith authenticated by Al-Albani. 
In Islam, every Muslim is obliged to give to charity in whatever form to boost his piety and spread wealth and goodwill among the whole community. It's no surprise then that the Arabic word tasadaqa (to give charity) is derived from the word "sadaqa" which means tell the truth or be sincere. 
Allah (SWT) says in the Holy Qur'an: (Ye will not attain unto piety until ye spend of that which ye love. And whatsoever ye spend, Allah is aware thereof.) {Aal 'Imran 3:92} 
Therefore voluntary charity, or sadaqa, which is different than the zakah - the compulsory alms that are collected each year - should be part of every Muslim's daily life. The Prophet (PBUH) said that every good deed is charityeven a smile in the face of others is charity.Smile

01:14 PM Feb 15 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

reyhaneh

reyhaneh

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Great to see ur smile again Aliyatul :)

Thank osesame for ur great reason, so I`m wondering that how can I stop smiling with those reasons :p

11:20 PM Feb 22 2009 |

reyhaneh

reyhaneh

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi _ I find a great story about smiling & I put it here for my dear friends :D

"About ten years ago when I was an undergraduate in college, I was working as an intern at my University's Museum of Natural History. One day while working at the cash register in the gift shop, I saw an elderly couple come in with a little girl in a wheelchair.

As I looked closer at this girl, I saw that she was kind of perched on her chair. I then realized she had no arms or legs, just a head, neck and torso. She was wearing a little white dress with red polka dots.

As the couple wheeled her up to me I was looking down at the register. I turned my head toward the girl and gave her a wink. As I took the money from her grandparents, I looked back at the girl, who was giving me the cutest, largest smile I have ever seen. All of a sudden her handicap was gone and all I saw was this beautiful girl, whose smile just melted me and almost instantly gave me a completely new sense of what life is all about. She took me from a poor, unhappy college student and brought me into her world; a world of smiles, love and warmth.

That was ten years ago. I'm a successful business person now and whenever I get down and think about the troubles of the world, I think about that little girl and the remarkable lesson about life that she taught me.

Source: Submitted by a Writer of AL-Islaah Publications."

11:35 PM Mar 01 2009 |

obitz

Indonesia

do you know that smile is contagious?? smile and greet everyone you meet today so the world can smile with us

04:51 AM Mar 02 2009 |

pink angel

pink angel

Saudi Arabia

thank you very much for your great post , you post always good and benifical for all us, god save you , we are waiting your new post like this one

07:10 AM Mar 02 2009 |

summer16

summer16

Saudi Arabia

Thank you osesame for posting this for posting this forum

The prophet Mohammad was smiling all the time and he had a huge mercy while dealing with kids and adults.

He deserve to be followed

so.. never forget to smile =]

01:38 PM Mar 06 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

I THINK WE CAN GIVE BLINK THE TITLE OF " THE KING OF SMILE"....HERE IN EBABY….OR WHAT IS UR OPINION FRIENDS?Wink

03:39 PM Mar 10 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

KAI,
I'M ALWYAS GLAD TO SEE U IN ANY TOPIC, AND I THINK SUNFLOWERS BEHIND U SMILE ALSO AS ULaughing...
MATRIX,
BUT STILL THE REST OF FRIENDS HERE…WHAT IS UR MIND, we take their opinions or make it in secret?!Wink
PINK AND SUMMER,
THANKS A LOT FOR UR SUPPORT…...REALY U R NICE MUSLIMSSmile 

03:20 PM Mar 11 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

OH MATRIX U R EMBARRSING MEEmbarassed....WHERE IS BLINK TO SOLVE THIS SITUATIONLaughing

03:38 PM Mar 11 2009 |

repenting_soul

Qatar

Peace

Respectfuly.

Sis Tunabige..

million thanks for the wonderful clip…its made me cry Cry

A very big Smile to my ebaby brothers n sisters

09:44 PM Mar 11 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

MATRIX
i suspected first in ur words till u told the truth lastly ..hahaha
it is good to enter the confession room Wink...

"and I suggest to title aliyatul hikmah The queen of smile also."
this idea came to me when i wrote about Blink but hestated…i said to my self let girls choose for them….but they not choose we can choose (me and u)....hahahahaLaughing

06:51 AM Mar 12 2009 |