Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Racism

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

In México, maybe racism  is not very flagrant, but there is a loooot of elitism here.

I can see clearly how many ppl give real value to others by their economical properties, or, what is worst: maaaany ppl here clasify others by the colour of skin, color of eyes, or body structure.

How do u clasify the ppl around u?

02:59 AM Oct 26 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

Dorothee:

Thank 2 u dear, for share with us ur important opinion here :)

Silvertide: I thank u for the add, and ur comment on my profile, and finally im proud of u, coz it's clear u r not racist :)

Whitney: tank u very much 4 the link dear,  i am watching right now.

03:21 AM Oct 28 2010 |

kkahraman

Turkey

peace at home and peace at the world!

peace is enough for us(humankind).

07:43 AM Oct 28 2010 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Civil rights group: Israel has reached new heights of racism

Racism against Israel's Arab citizens has dramatically increased in the past year, including a 26 percent rise in anti-Arab incidents, according to the Association for Civil Rights in Israel's annual report.

11:16 AM Oct 28 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

Hi Osesame, it's nice to find u here again!

Yes, I forgot to mention here, it is also racism about religion.

kkahraman:

U r totally right!

06:53 PM Oct 28 2010 |

Benjipie

Benjipie

United Kingdom

I think it's pretty sad how many people judge others according to the number and type of possessions a person owns.  Being materialistic and materialism in itself (in my opinion) is a pretty flawed way to live.  I know people that feel superior because they own a certain car or drink in certain bars – it's almost amusing to watch!

I'm Caucasian and my wife is Korean American, we do occasionally get people having a 'good stare' as we walk down the street but it doesn't bother us to much.  We've never heard any racist remarks though which is a good thing. 

Ben Laughing

Check out my blog – http://eslgroups.com/Wordpress_Blog/

12:36 PM Oct 29 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

Benjipie:

I checked ur blog:

Cool topics!!

U should open some forums here.

btw: u & ur wife look so nice ;)

04:32 PM Oct 29 2010 |

pitbal

Algeria

HI  Houssam nice topic and nice to meet u again well …... i made a research about the germanic ppl and now i have many information about their mentalities …. what is important ….i found that Hitler classified the world into 3 classes first , the pure blood  and he meant the germanic then, the dogs ( all the other countries ) and finally, the under dogs ( arabs and the and jews) and many of the the germanic ppl accept this classification…   my teacher  told me  yes in germany ther is a beach of the dogs they  mean only the arabs and the jews go there  and this is the evidence that there is racism in this world

12:49 PM Nov 01 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

pitbal:

Yes, I believe u.

Here in México, I have met very rich ppl, and u won't believe this, but, they that values their dogs more than their servants.

Also here there are places as bares or dancing places called "antros", where only white ppl can enter, or as well, they could be color ppl but wearing extremely expensive clothes or expensive nice cars, if some poor ppl arrive those places, guardians say immediately: "U can not enter here".

Also on the boundaries., the USA's boundary police, do games and bet saying "heey, let's see how many mexicans u can kill today, certainly me more than u".  And migrants r treated worst than dogs, they have no rights no school, no doctors there..

USA powerful men can cross easily the boundary to México to Ciudad Juárez, and they kidnapp, rape, torture and kill young beautiful poor girls, they had done this for more than 15 years ago. Specially the poor beautiful workers, they never kidnapp a rich girl, they never kill a white girl. All girls r poor and brunette, girls simply dissapear while coming back from work to their homes., then, on the desert, the relatives found the pieces of their bodies.

Yes, Racism exist nowdays, ..., no doubt.

01:59 PM Nov 01 2010 |

satclimb

satclimb

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I can see triangle (force, money and  duplicity) of racism in every where!

04:08 AM Nov 02 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

yes staclimb, and selfishness and ambition too.

04:21 AM Nov 02 2010 |