Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Racism

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

In México, maybe racism  is not very flagrant, but there is a loooot of elitism here.

I can see clearly how many ppl give real value to others by their economical properties, or, what is worst: maaaany ppl here clasify others by the colour of skin, color of eyes, or body structure.

How do u clasify the ppl around u?

02:59 AM Oct 26 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

Have u ever heard about the "illuminati" ?

09:04 AM Nov 02 2010 |

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

you'll be chocked how wicked are the rulers of this world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daxnUMUnolc

09:10 AM Nov 02 2010 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

I think those having lust for power create ways for racism. It's the most easiest way to exploit; most cheap and most effective.

I think we human-being have some biological germs for racism right from our birth. There is some boiling point beyond which everyone is racist in his/her own way.

Those who are not in power screamed out against it; those who are in power they count it their birth right to exercise it. So, you can say racism is rather a congenital deformity at birth. 

Stakes are high that advance research in genetics will some day discover the gene responsible for racism and I hope then it will be extracted out right at the birth. Laughing    

10:06 AM Nov 02 2010 |

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

Saladeen

hopefully Laughing

11:36 AM Nov 02 2010 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

About racism we have 3 problems

1) Denial of african importance in Uruguayan culture, specially in music, dances, painting, etc. This is a "soft racism" and it is the one that most of people have.

2) Apperance of new young neo-nazi groups, with strong hate speeches and intolerance towards the poor, the gay, the interracial couples and the jews. They are supposed to look for a "whiten" Uruguay.

3) Intolerance towards immigrants from the neighbouring poor countries in Latin America, specially Bolivians, Peruvians, Paraguayans. It is sad, because we are a country of immigrants, we should be more tolerant towards them.

Anyway what I pointed here is just a minority of population, I can say that most people is very tolerant, Uruguay is well known in the region for how near everyone is from each other, but if I had to tell who suffers more from discrimination are, the Uruguayan jews (1% of the country) Uruguayan mulattos (4%) Uruguayan mestizos (8%) and immigrants from other Latin American countries.

12:52 PM Nov 02 2010 |

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

SantiagoC

I like very much Diego Forlan,and the handball player SUAREZ

10:21 AM Nov 04 2010 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

I do hope so Hossam … Laughing

03:50 PM Nov 04 2010 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

Hossam_bouab

aha xD 

06:23 PM Nov 04 2010 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

Hossam_bouab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZdrTUC1KCU&feature=player_profilepage

:D 

05:24 PM Nov 06 2010 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

How do u clasify the ppl around u?

Racist, regionalism, religion fanatics,poor, elitist etc etc.

Racism depends on how people perceive it. I might see the photo you posted about a naked kid and say "ah poor kid".

There might be other who can say that the photo is racist(or at least a stereotype) as well. Why show only an Indian or an African as poor ? why not a white Caucasian or a Chinese? In China 16% of the people live below 1.25$ line, where as it is 23% in India. 

07:49 AM Nov 07 2010 |