Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Movie

cateyes

cateyes

Thailand

Hello friends

What do you think about Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie which is coming soon? Have you read the book and is it any diffirence?......and at last do you think that Harry Potter will die?

06:27 AM Jun 27 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Zohra

Zohra

Finland

I've read the book tons of times, it's probably even my favorite of the series… I honestly don't think the movie can be anything close to as good as the book. I haven't really enjoyed any of the movies, except perhaps the first two, so I can't believe this is any better. It might be okay if you dont compare it to the book, though. I wonder how they have accomplished it. A lot of the things in the book happen in Harry's mind, and it must be hard to make it as a movie without it being boring.

10:55 AM Jun 27 2007 |

cateyes

cateyes

Thailand

Yes Zohra, i did read all of those books and and it s my favorite series too. I choose this topic cuz i agree with you that the movies are far from the book except the the first two. I agree with you that we know everything through Harry Potter mind and i think that is why ppl love this book. It seems that J.K Rowlling associated herself to Harry Potter.But for the movies, it likes that i know everything from the third person….i mean that there is a person telling  me the story of Harry Potter. Not know from him directly.However i saw the movies cuz i wanted to know what are the differences between the books and the movies. What are the limite for movies.I can say that im very disappointed with the movies.

06:25 AM Jul 17 2007 |

Maisara

Maisara

Malaysia

hmm..im not a diehard fan for harry potter both books n movies but i,ve seen three of the movies (including the lattest) n read the first 3 pages of the fifth book(then give up haha-it so long..i salute the two of you). As a person outside the Harry potter clan, i think the movies is not that bad though is cannot be compared to the books as Zohra said. in a movie point of view, i can say that  the director had made a great job because making a book-based movie is not a simple task.Especially from a book that contain over 700 pages!! of course reading gives a better effect n i guess thats the power of reading right? Me myself enjoys reading manga n i never get the same feeling while watching any of the anime tv series. the impact is less but it still an ok feeling.   

04:23 PM Jul 18 2007 |

_Natalia_

_Natalia_

Poland

if Harry Potter will die.. it will be really sad :((( bye

01:09 PM Jul 21 2007 |

agathe

France

J.K ROWLING said that two heroes were going to die in the seventeenth book and her husband answered: No,not them !...

What about Fred and Georges ?

10:25 AM Jul 22 2007 |

franki

franki

China

no,they didn't die

it ends as this: All were well

04:28 AM Jul 23 2007 |

cateyes

cateyes

Thailand

Yes, i dont like him to be died too but i guess his scar is another horcrux of dark lord. Hehhh..however i hv not yet read book 7th and hope he will not die. If yes, it s so sadFrown

06:32 AM Jul 23 2007 |

Monique Fernandes

Brazil

I also agree with you "cateyes", I think his scar is a horcrux. I also don't want him to die. I'll wait the portuguese version of Deathly Hallows.

10:59 PM Jul 28 2007 |

dosia1812

dosia1812

Poland

Hi! I didn't read book but today i'm going to the cinema on this movie. I don't know if he die or not…maybe…but i think that if he die it will be great ending.

07:19 AM Jul 29 2007 |

johnson.pla

China

I have seen Harry potter and the Order of the Phonnix movie ,but not read the book.I like the movie very much ,and I also hold an idea that the storty which is told in  the book should be more interesting.Harry is still alive,of course,in my opinion,for the stake of his mission.

02:38 AM Jul 30 2007 |