Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

What do u live for

smiyia

smiyia

China

Hi, friend, have u thought what's your aim of life, what do u live for? I think it's a good question which worth everyone to think, most of people really don't know what they live for,  no exceptional am i  Maybe  the answer will change every time when u think of it, please ask yourself by heart, maybe it will help u to find the meaning of life.

now, my answer is , live in today, live for love. i just want to have a simple and happy life, sometimes, simple is best, i think

How about u,friend ?

05:00 AM Nov 10 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

ramesh.sinha1

India

good question!

well ,I think I live for good cause, to fulfill my dream, to learn , to explore and to retain good thing in life.

05:21 PM Apr 19 2009 |

darc

darc

Saudi Arabia

for me i live for 2 thing 1 is god the other is for my 1 love

02:04 AM Apr 20 2009 |

doubleyanyi

China

I think live for happiness.

It's the most important and the most difficult.

family,love,friends….career…also is we live for,but all base on happiness.

03:11 AM Apr 20 2009 |

zumty

zumty

Egypt

good question but this will lead us to religion.

i live sure to obey Allah as Allah told us in the Quran.

"And I have not created the jinn and the men but that they may worship ME".

so All MY Life To ALLAH nothing else maybe i don't do well but i try to fix myself. 

07:57 AM Apr 20 2009 |

royi

royi

China

Good questions! I rarely thought about it before.

I think there are two facet about this question.

The first is somethings from the society,for example,live with you family members,you should give their a good life and been respected by them,include friends,relationship people and other people you know.you should get some good achivements.

The second facet is about personal.About this,i think one man should be happy,this is the most important reason.

09:20 AM Apr 20 2009 |

ufo777

ufo777

Russian Federation

Hello everybody!

some time ago i found this  quotation:

"The meaning of life: to love living."

I absolutely agree with it. Do you?

now i want to find new friends and improve my english! if anybody is interested – welcome!

07:30 AM Apr 26 2009 |

olympos2010

Turkey

This is a really good question.

I think we should see the big picture. Every people born and after life they die. all people can see this reality in life.

I am Muslim. We are created by God(Allah)  according to my religion.  I belive hell and heaven. If you make good things(If you obey the rules of God) in your life you deserve a endless life in heaven.

If you make bad things you will be punish in hell.

I don't want to go on details. Life aim is a big exam for me. The aim of life is pass the big exam and deserve heaven for me. 

07:58 AM Apr 26 2009 |

twinkle94

China

everyone will think this question

like the book had said we just live for "hope and wait "

right ,we are so condemned in the world .we cant know what will happen next minutes .Everymonment there are someone suffering and someone full of happness.but no matter what happen to us time will take them away .

Become history ,somebody may say it can live in our memoty.But how about it one thousand years later,you may say it can be raked  up in history books .well,but have you thought one million ten million thousand million…... years later?

I am wonder will there have man or any creature in the cosmos.

so ,in a word this just a secert in every heart …..no answer

08:59 AM Apr 26 2009 |