Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Health, money, happiness.......(the first priority is.....?)

Lini

Lini

Indonesia

Hello guys…

Tell me what's your first priority and why… 

02:56 AM Sep 10 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mai lan huong

Viet Nam

Hi Lini,

My first priority is health. When I'm healthy I can do whatever I want and your life will be better. What do you have much money for if you become sick and you can't eat anything? You can't be happy if you take some serious illnesses.

If there is an illness in your family, many difficult things happen and you have to spend much time and money in order to take care of her/him instead of working for money. And then everybody in family become busy and unhappy.

04:33 AM Sep 10 2006 |

Lini

Lini

Indonesia

yes, you'r right mai lan. I agrre with you. If we aren't healthy we can't work to earn a living. But some people who healthy and have much money doesn't feel happy, am I right?

05:47 AM Sep 10 2006 |

Irida

Irida

Ukraine

I'm agree with you. But on the other hand, there are many people, who are ill or even invalids and they have a great interest to life and can achieve much in life. It seems to me, that interests and goals aren't less important then the health.

07:47 AM Sep 10 2006 |

Yan Qin

China

in my view,health is the most important,without good health,everything is in vain!

03:31 AM Sep 11 2006 |

mrcuong

mrcuong

Viet Nam

3 of them are the most important things in our life but i think you should define them

there are many defferent reasons to decide which one is the FIRST priority .

firstly ,health is a necessary thing to live and work but not much people have enough 3 those things for one life . just like me .i have health ,but i don't feel happiness .so if i can give some health for someone and get some happiness . i will do 

secondly,  happiness is necessary for people who successed in life ,i think you know that

finally ,i can say money is the first priority things because we will absolutely use it to live , to trade and to do everything .

it's crazy when i said money is the first choice ,i know that money can't bring happiness but it can help you to find happiness

yeah! 

11:28 AM Sep 11 2006 |

Smileys

Smileys

Philippines

putting God as 1st priority, then family and friends.. studies, future career.. wehee

04:36 PM Sep 11 2006 |

email8191

email8191

China

About this topic,everybody have his/her own opinion and will give different replies.To me,i think happiness is the most important.

I think not only money but also health are minor for life.
Why do you need money?Because money can satisfy your all kinds of desire,it will bring you self-pride,satisfaction,honour,so,you'll be happy when you have money.
Why do you need health?Because without health,you will be painful,you will not have energy to enjoy your sunny life,so, you'll be happy when you have health.

So,you see,happiness is the first priority.It's the final goal of your life.When you get happiness,others are not important.

04:57 PM Sep 11 2006 |

rocky219

rocky219

Canada

I also consider health as my first priority. It follows that if we are healthy, we are happy and we have enough strength to work and earn lots of money.

Anyway, anybody has the right to choose their first priority.  Any choice that we make in  our life can be justified.

Have you heard the lovingkindness prayer which is "May we live in peace, be happy, be healthy, live with ease"? I give my lovingkindness prayer to everyone. God bless!

12:37 AM Sep 12 2006 |

cat75

Viet Nam

Hi Mrcuong, I'm Vietnamese too and for me, this topic means if you have to choose one of them, which one will be your first priority? You said that money can help you to find happiness. Sure you are wrong. Happiness that you feel is not true.

12:44 AM Sep 12 2006 |

Lini

Lini

Indonesia

many thank for all of you here who has shared the opinion.

I think everybody will choose their first priority depend of their life now. If they are healthy but have no money, then they will say money is most important in life. But if they are wealthy but not get happiness or health, they will say healthy is most important for their life, because they can't enjoy their life.

MRcuong, why you dont feel happiness in your life.

01:52 AM Sep 12 2006 |