Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Health, money, happiness.......(the first priority is.....?)

Lini

Lini

Indonesia

Hello guys…

Tell me what's your first priority and why… 

02:56 AM Sep 10 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lisa368

Australia

In the course of my life ,i have my own experice of persuiting all of them.Health,money,happiness,And i finally found that happiness is based on Health and money.so ,if i am asked the first priority of them ,i will be in a dilemma.So.can anybody tell me what's the best answer of this topid?

07:23 AM Sep 19 2006 |

Irida

Irida

Ukraine

Some days ago I've read an interesting tale.Three women came to a house; they were Health, Riches and Love. But the owner of the house had to choose only one woman to abide with him. He chose Health. He was healthy, but he didn't have riches and love, and he was unhappy. Then he decided to choose Riches. There were many riches in his life, but he didn't have health and love and he was unfortunate. At last he chose Love. Love abided with him and his life became also healthy and rich.It seems to me it's true. When we have love in our family, we can help each other to get health and money.And what is your opinion?

08:19 AM Sep 19 2006 |

Irida

Irida

Ukraine

Some days ago I've read an interesting tale.Three women came to a house; they were Health, Riches and Love. But the owner of the house had to choose only one woman to abide with him. He chose Health. He was healthy, but he didn't have riches and love, and he was unhappy. Then he decided to choose Riches. There were many riches in his life, but he didn't have health and love and he was unfortunate. At last he chose Love. Love abided with him and his life became also healthy and rich.It seems to me it's true. When we have love in our family, we can help each other to get health and money.And what is your opinion?

08:31 AM Sep 19 2006 |

kinski

kinski

Turkey

Hi, Irida 

I always thought most important thing is health. But author of this story seems more wise…  

10:28 AM Sep 19 2006 |

Lini

Lini

Indonesia

Hi Irida,

your story is interesting. But can we survive only with love, without health and money?

In the real life, if his girlfriend or her boyfriend do not have enough money or unhealthy, he/she will in doubt to take a decision to marry with him/her. This is my opinion. What's yours?

12:56 AM Sep 20 2006 |

Phoebe Xu

Phoebe Xu

China

I think health is most important. It is said that Health is wealth. If we are health, we are able to work to earn more and more money. we will get more happiness in work time and other actives.

01:34 AM Sep 20 2006 |

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

Well I think, different ppl during ages make their own choices, like for kids, they like to have fun, happiness is everything to them, since in most of cases, they do not need to worry about health, or money…for youngers, they seek for money, love and get happiness, more than health, as they have not realized the health is so important till some friends, relatives, or ppl around them areseriously ill and then they get to know without health, nothing can work…but most of often, it often happens when we are 40 years old around.  So we do not have to make the same choice or argue which one is more priority…we often go after something we do not have, for riches without love, they think love is something so dearest to them, for ppl without health, they would like to do anything to get the health back..

For me, I like to play shadowboxing every morning at the nearby park, I like my job, as it brings me money (not too bad, though not enough for me to be a MILLIONAIRE, I am kinda content already, hehe), my hubby loves me (though we do not have much in common), I have one smart son who is studying in a senior school), I enjoy my simple life (laugh a lot on a funny joke, a nice movie, a new dress, etc…)...that's the life, just enjoy it, do not ask for too much, then you can have health, a bit money, happiness…

Stay healthy, be happy, be well.  Sherry

02:50 AM Sep 20 2006 |

wlgmf2003

China

Happiness comes from your heart  ,so,it can bring you health and love.Happiness is always following with some people who are healthy maybe not rich.So,I think ,happiness and health cannot be divided.Money is useful but not the source of happiness and can't give you health forever.

08:54 AM Sep 20 2006 |

angelrays

Philippines

all i can say is i want to be happy … i think that's what each of us needsLaughing

03:30 AM Sep 21 2006 |

Lini

Lini

Indonesia

hi wlqmf2003…..I'm impressed on your opinion. yeah you'r right. Happiness comes from our heart…

be happy and keep smile

01:07 AM Sep 22 2006 |