Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Are you afraid to speak english?

ervic_sangel23

Philippines

Well, that's what I always ask to my friends who always tell me not to speak to them in English… They only answer me with a smirk and the like and when I asked them why they just smile… There's nothing wrong in speaking English, besides, it will help you improve your language skills. NOW, tell me, are you afraid to speak English? Why or why not?Smile

02:13 PM Jan 29 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

chakra

chakra

Indonesia

Hi Ervic,
I, for one, am not afraid at all to speak English? I mean, why should we be? If your friends refuse to do so, that's their problem but you should never be discouraged. Do you think it's because they have poor command of the language?  Even so, if they really want to learn, they should not be afraid of making mistakes. I am sure you are not. I hope to read more of your comment.
Regards,
Chakra

03:59 PM Jan 29 2008 |

ervic_sangel23

Philippines

Hi! Well, I already talked to them, they said that they just want to enjoy our conversation in a way where everybody understands…From that point then, I realize that not all people are fond of speaking English…Though they know that I speak our language a little…

02:19 PM Jan 31 2008 |

wenchao

China

In my life ,it not  be used usual,so I have not chance to speak english.if it is must ,I think i can can^t  afraid.  but i know now i am afaird.

02:28 PM Jan 31 2008 |

armida

armida

Mexico

Yes, I´m feeling like a coward, trying to be valiant. Last time words don´t come to me then My feelings were worst , because he coldn´t understand me nothing. 

02:34 AM Feb 01 2008 |

cherry stone

China

Yes,I'm afraid .

Because I always can't remember the worlds in my mind

02:54 AM Feb 01 2008 |

-*-Seda-*-

-*-Seda-*-

Mexico

i am afraid to speak English coz i feel i dont have a good pronutation, anyway im very shy, but i love speaking English and i enjoy speaking it with other poeple. I can understand every word that my friends say but when im traying to speak i feel i can order my ideas or like the words i thinking cant go out side of my mouth. Its very funny. Anyway i speak English, better tha before lol

04:24 AM Feb 01 2008 |

-*-Seda-*-

-*-Seda-*-

Mexico

i feel i CANT.    sorry i ate a letter lol

04:32 AM Feb 01 2008 |

hassan147

Djibouti

Me, I've never spoken english with someone face to face because no one in the environment I live doesn't speak itCry. But if I imagine the situation, the stress comes over to my stomach. Well I know nothing is impossible, everyone here can pass this hard time.

06:08 AM Feb 01 2008 |

Connie tan

Connie tan

China

I'm not  afraid to speak English on the condition that the people aroud me speak English too. I have learned English for 9 years. But my oral English is still very poor. Though I am an English major in college now, it's very difficult to open my mouth to speak English, so do my classmates. We are lack of an good environment to speak English.  That's the wost problem for me to learn English.

07:45 AM Feb 01 2008 |

will=pp

China

When i speak with my friend i fell very easy

11:24 AM Feb 01 2008 |