Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Russia..What do you think about Russia and Russians

DanilZ

DanilZ

Russian Federation

Friends!!!

Russia. What do you think about Russia? Have you been in Russia, what your impressions? Would you like to visit Russia, why?

12:42 PM Mar 14 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

DanilZ

DanilZ

Russian Federation

to diqnified..

"They visit Turkey constantly" – at present time the value or appeal of Turkey is decreasing. Spain, Italy, Islands of Indian Ocean, Thailand are most preferable)))

to hakimi

Pushkin..not Poshken [pushkin]..The level of corruption in Russian is equal USA, and Boris Yeltsin was not alcoholic!!! Its fact!!!

03:55 PM Mar 14 2008 |

fanni szabo

Hungary

I don't know many things about Russia or Russians (I know many things about your history, but I don't have informations about the current events in Russia). Thinking about Russia always reminds me the wars. You know it's because I could hardly describe our common history with this word : peaceful.
I hope you understand me, and maybe you agree.

Anyway, I would be glad to know more about Russia, or to visit your country.

03:54 PM Mar 16 2008 |

BlackStar

BlackStar

Ukraine

Hm russia is a great country.First of all it is the bigest country in the world.And a lot of famous and wonderful people were born in Russia like Pushkin.Lermintov.Dostoevsly.Strugatskie. and so on.I like Russia it is beatiful

06:00 PM Mar 16 2008 |

DanilZ

DanilZ

Russian Federation

to Fanni Szabo..

If you interesting current events in Russia, ask me) dont hesitate))

What do you mean the wars? Which one? Second World War, when Soviet Union sacrificed about 30 million people for the purpose to stop fascism. And only owning to USSR the world doent know what is fascism. But, as I remember Hungary was ally of the fascisits?

06:28 PM Mar 16 2008 |

DanilZ

DanilZ

Russian Federation

to Black Star..

What do you think about Belovezskiy meeting, which destroyed USSR? I think it was absolutely stupid idea!!!

06:32 PM Mar 16 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Danilz, Russia certainly sacrificed a lot in the Second World War, but I hope you would agree that a few other nations and people were helpful in the fight against facism. 

07:23 PM Mar 16 2008 |

DanilZ

DanilZ

Russian Federation

US, of course provided equipment to USSR ( it were trucks and sms else) thats all. French- one division..or – Normadia Neman, but it was "a drop in the ocean". Thats all. The British were really British and waited 3 years for opening second battle-front. "Genuine" friends)!

07:42 PM Mar 16 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

The US provided equipment. That's all?

I know it doesn't seem like much compared to 23 million dead in the Soviet Union, but over 400,000 Americans died fighting Germany, Italy, and Japan.

What about the over 5 million Poles, the 4 million Indonesians, and the 20 million Chinese who died at the hands of fascist armies. Were those just a "drop in the bucket"

Slackers

08:09 PM Mar 16 2008 |

The.destroyer.tornado

Syrian Arab Republic

I'm from syria but I livein kuwait.

We love russian And we always say we r friends forever.

08:14 PM Mar 16 2008 |

DanilZ

DanilZ

Russian Federation

Not 23..about 30.

When americans fighting? In 1945, when Germany was taken And why americans didnt open second batle front? When USSR asked US about this!..about Poles, Indonesians and Chinese – what source of this information, could you paste the link of the source

08:16 PM Mar 16 2008 |