Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

how do you think about a foreign boyfriend or girlfriend?

lifeiaabb

China

i had a foreign boyfriend before.i don't know how to discribe our love. that's pure and finished quickly. everything was perfect.even we are apart.

02:42 AM Dec 07 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

kappamaki

United States

Well, what do you consider a foreign boyfriend? I live in the US, but my boyfriend lives in Canada. We have been together for more than 3 years, and are still fine as ever. =) It is "long-distance", but we see each other sometimes. I don't know if you consider us as "foreign" to each other or not (we both speak English, and our cultures are similar.) 
 Either way, I believe that they can work if you are truly in love. But if not, then it probably will not work. Long-distance is difficult. If there are other languages and cultures to learn, then it is even harder. You have to truly be committed.

06:44 AM Dec 07 2007 |

lifeiaabb

China

because i am a Chinese girl. for me the western was much different with the east. i don't know what to say. that love made my heart broken. well yours was a perfect love story. good luck girl.

06:50 AM Dec 07 2007 |

kappamaki

United States

I am sorry that yours did not work out well. But you don't have to give up. While the different cultures may make it harder, it also makes it more interesting. It depends on how you look at it.
 And if you are fine and the relationship is definitely over, I wish you luck for the future. =)

06:59 AM Dec 07 2007 |

Brian8

Brian8

China

I think it`s romantic for them,they can have more mysterious between each other than others.

07:02 AM Dec 07 2007 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

look at the bright side: u can learn more about different cultures, language, habits..etc.

(just advise: for the beginner english student,...better U have boy/girl friend who has english as mother language..so U can practice english quickly..Laughing)

07:09 AM Dec 07 2007 |

flower56

flower56

China

I think no matter how much you love each other,a "long-distance"love is a real challenge to your relationship.As far as I am concerned,I have been through this with a guy however,we broke up within one year.The tough time of missing each other seems to kill you and your lover.Thus,I recommend that try your best to avoid the "long-distance"relationship.

08:13 AM Dec 07 2007 |

Jenniferli

China

but i am a chinese girl,i don't know the feel and i don't know how to saty with foreign boy ,but i think him can help you to learn his language and cultures,it can imporve your english. if have a chance you can try,maybe you are love each other and forever. i hope you can

08:46 AM Dec 07 2007 |

yana011

yana011

Philippines

oh.. i think I had a phobia on long distance relationship (online rapport).. Invest feeling, do everything to fall for him and yet he just leave..without saying even a single word and keeps me hangin'...

09:00 AM Dec 07 2007 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Mr. Progression, Do I look like an agent ? Hm..i’ll try to be! Anyway…who’ agree that we’ll get more positiv than negativ about such relationship?

08:26 AM Dec 08 2007 |

zhaolanaln

China

long -distance love is ok if you can deal with it properly .i donnot have a boyfriend .I will chase him no matter where he come from ,if i find i fall in love with a boy .Best Wishes for you.

09:22 AM Dec 08 2007 |