Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

An idea suddenly occured to me! Let's improve our english together ! Stir youself!!!1

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

Let's go folks! One slang on day!

An idea suddenly occurred to me …......we can share the slangs or useful expressions you learned from movies or songs and you think very useful and practical in daily life  together…...................

There are many slangs in english and some of them can't be found in your textbook…. i think only the native speakers understand the deep meaning of it….

but they are very useful and enrich  your language ., the problem is we seldom have the oppotunity to use them in our daily life so despite that we may have read the slang b4 but forget it very soon…......

eg :"she is always running the show' means she is the boss she decides …......

04:32 AM Apr 15 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Awesta

Awesta

Afghanistan

“as fit as a fiddle” to be in excellent health,

I have worked for twenty years without a holiday and I am as fit as a fiddle!

09:54 PM May 01 2007 |

edorado

Indonesia

No Big Deal 

I joined a four-day outbound training for pleasure.The trainer was a gorgeous girl, has a breathless body and pretty face who kept reminding us how hard it was to accomplish the program.Everyone worked veryhard to become a Top Achiever although the goal was a hard nut to crack.By the third day, most participants were exhausted, some had been beated up physically and mentally, a few had been run out of their energy but I was as fit as a fiddle.

At the end of the program, she gave a speech, of course in English. It was an impressive piece of speech.She was not only gorgeous, slim and fit but also intelligent. I had never thought she could speak English because during a four days training she spoke mandarin.

When I had a chance to chat and enjoy a glass of wine I expressed my appreciation for her dedication to us and for her speech.Talking about her excellent English, She said it was no big deal because millions of people speak English. I hope to join her program again in May.Wink

07:19 AM May 02 2007 |

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

no one can call back yesterday

hahaha …...such a funny story it is…......but my story is true  what about yours?

The trainer was really my cup of tea…. tall strong and smart as well as intelligent. He graduated form a famous univeristy and he has got his master's degree.He was a basketball player while he was at university and now he is rich at least richer than me.

I wish i had got his namecard,got his cell phone number or at least had taken photoes with him.But i know no one can call back yesterday

PS.Thanks for those who left slangs here…...Awesta, coconut …........surely including edorado

12:05 PM May 02 2007 |

glowworm

glowworm

United States

smile from ear to ear = the happiest smile

06:21 PM May 02 2007 |

edorado

Indonesia

BREAKING NEWS, the historical event is in the making. One of the most watched news on tv. Like other true stories, crime story, natural disaster, campus massacre, just to name few, I found most of them are either depressing or boring, although we always can learn something from them.

What is your view ?Do you prefer a true story or a fictious one?

I think a piece of imaginatve work, such as novels and chating is different in terms of its purpose and crafting. I like chating and reading novel for pleasure and intellectual enrichment as well as improving my English.Cool

10:14 AM May 03 2007 |

rohini23

rohini23

India

hello wendy

its very good for improoving, really you are inteligent…

10:53 AM May 03 2007 |

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

Beat one's brain out & to knock off

i like fictitious stories because most of the ficticious ones are touching  but i love true stories because true ones are more believeable. From those true stories i can learn the life of others what they are doing what is their opinions. All these are fantastic to me. Sometimes i read biography from which i can learn lots of things.

Beat my brains out today, I couldn't find a single interesting slang. My brains said to me:"Time to knock off because it is still vocation today."

Thanks rohini23 for the praising you gave to me .

glowworm thanks for the slang you shared with us.Welcome you put forward more slangs in the future.

12:01 PM May 03 2007 |

Awesta

Awesta

Afghanistan

Sweat Blood, to work untill one is exhausted, " I've sweated blood to make a success of Englishbaby.com and you haven't given me a word of thanks!,"

05:59 PM May 03 2007 |

edorado

Indonesia

RUN INTO, meet someone by chance.

I remember a true story of a friend who went to the outbound camp and dazzled by her male trainer and missed him so much after it was over.She had no chance to know him better, let alone to build up the relationship.When the program was over, she felt something special had gone forever.No his name card, any memorable photo had been taken, even his cell phone number. It was a sad story that made me cry.Crying and laughing seem to me so natural.

Lucky me.When I was strolling and window shopping at the crowded street of Central Park, I run into a girl who you can notice her among the hundreds.She was my instructor at the camp.She was so beautiful in her red dress.Thank's God ! I met her by chance, I hadn't expected to see her again after the program.I knew it was a chance to know more about her and to build a relationship, a chance in a life time.Of course I did what I should do, I hate thinking of missing the amazing chance ! Kiss 

04:35 AM May 04 2007 |

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

a/the sea of faces & be knocked over

It is really a beautiful sunny day today despite hot it is.

I accompanied my friend to go to hospital. The second saw the sea of faces in the hospital i narrowly escaped being knocked over after we played badminton for 2 hours and rode bikes for over 1 hour. And you guess, after standing for registration for half 40 minutes, how long did the doctor take before he gave his priscription? Only 10 minutes. For the sencond time i narrowly escaped being knocked over at the thought of another 1 hour riding back home.Sealed

10:53 AM May 04 2007 |